Cannot connect to ECU

Questions about ECU Manager? Ask here.
derass

Cannot connect to ECU

Postby derass » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 am

I had my PS1000 tuned at a local dyno shop. I would like to go in and view the tables and boost control settings but am unable to connect to the ECU. Was running ECU Manager 1.07, and it required an update to 1.11. Did this and recieved a message that states that the ECU's firmware is too new and the manager must be updated, however there are no updates available.

I then uninstalled and downloaded/installed ECU Manager 1.12.5 When I tried to connect, this time i recieved a message that the ECU's map is not for this product and that a new map would need to be unloaded. I did not continue as this would overwrite the tune i have just paid for.

What is going on? How can I connect and go online to the ECU?

HaltechAdam
Haltech Staff

Re: Cannot connect to ECU

Postby HaltechAdam » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:54 am

Download the newest ECU manager (1.12.5) from the website ECU Manager 1.12.5
And give that a try.
Cheers

derass

Postby derass » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:15 pm

Sorry about the typo, but I did try ECU Manager 1.12.5. This version gave me the message that "map on ecu is not for this product, you must upload new map for ecu to be useable". I did not continue because I would have lost the tune i have paid for. If I could go online, I would simply save the map and would have a backup copy.

When my tuner first connect to the ECU he had to update its firmware, could there be some mismatch between the ECU's firmware and ECU Manager version?

niko86

Postby niko86 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:00 am

is there any solution for this problem?
I keep getting this message every time i connect.
What i usually do is just saving the map everytime when i do some changes, next time i go online i need to upload the map again.

Is there anything i can do?

rcdash

Postby rcdash » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:06 pm

Usually it will upgrade the maps, but I would copy and paste everything out (or take screen shots) in case you need to re-enter all of it. Hope one of the Haltech guys has better news...

derass

Postby derass » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:35 am

I'm having this same problem again.

Shortly after I made this post, I was finally able to connect. I had my tuner email me a copy of the tune that was on the ECU, I then uploaded it when prompted by the error message. This solved the problem and I was able to connect to the ECU countless times without problem since then (Spring 2013).

However, today (Summer 2015) it is happening again. I had last connected to the ECU in the Fall of 2014 at a track day; but today, I tried to connect and was unable to, receiving the same error message as before. ECU Manager has been updated to 1.13.2 but that did not help.

This is frustrating because I spent many hours at that track day getting the closed loop boost control settings right and I will lose them if I upload the old map that solved the problem before.

I will email Haltech and see if they can help.

crum86

Postby crum86 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:58 pm

Had the same issue with not connecting after updating ecu manager to 1.13.2 as my ecu was still 1.13.0 or .1 Reinstalled the earlier version of ecu manager and it was all good again.

Anyone know if there is a firmware upgrade for the ecu to support the latest software update?

Return to “ECU Manager”