Open loop Boost control

Questions about the Platinum Sprint series ECU settings or features? Ask here.
Berto24

Open loop Boost control

Postby Berto24 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:10 am

Hi guys I have a haltech sprint 500 and I am trying to setup open loop boost control, I have a doubt, lets say I want 19 psi and the spring I have right now is 12 psi, the table is a generic duty pwm signal, it looks (% duty vs Pressure) in my case (psi) I go to the table and lets say it haves at 0 psi 40% 5 psi 40% 10psi 40% 15 psi 40% what about 20 psi do I have to also put 40% or should I lower the % duty at this point so It wont make more boost. I don't know if my question is pretty clear, any doubt you can ask me I am happy to explain again.

Berto24

Re: Open loop Boost control

Postby Berto24 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:01 am

This is how the table looks like
Attachments
tabla-duty-cycle-honda.png
%duty vs pressure table

trentreznor321

Re: Open loop Boost control

Postby trentreznor321 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:20 am

This is my method for tuning the open loop boost map:
1-Starting with the whole map at 0%, slowly increase the whole map until you are close to your desired boost at full load.
2-taper of the % above your desired PSI, so if it does start over boosting, it will back off the the solenoid duty cycle.
3-taper off the higher RPM's if you have any boost creep.
4-if desired, increase the % a bit in the lower portion of the map to ensure the wastegate is staying closed at lower PSI. If you go to high with this, you might have boost spikes in lower gears as the solenoid cannot adjust fast enough from a high duty cycle.

Here is the map that I am using. It gives me a rock solid 15PSI in any gear, and under any conditions.
Attachments
Untitled1.jpg

Return to “Platinum Sprint Series”