B16a turbo sensors needed

Questions about the Platinum Sprint series ECU settings or features? Ask here.
jpb16at

B16a turbo sensors needed

Postby jpb16at » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:19 pm

Hey guys im juanpablo from chile and i own a honda civic eg6 vti with b16a2 that i just made turbo, i bought a sprint 500 ecu to run my car, and now that the engine its done i need to check wich sensors are needed to run and tune the car and the sprint 500 without issues.

i think i just need distribuitor, engine coolant temperature sensor, map, tps, ( idk if iac its necesary), inyectors and IAT, i am missing something?

Ty!! :oops:

iceman_n

Re: B16a turbo sensors needed

Postby iceman_n » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:41 pm

delete distribuitor and go for coil on plugs setup or a single coil with leads...

also if you delete distribuitor then you need AEM EPM for crank and cam signal...so coil on plug and injectors will run sequantial...

use map sensor as main load with tps for throttle enrichment

try the oem iac to see how is working...

jpb16at

Postby jpb16at » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:17 pm

iceman_n wrote:delete distribuitor and go for coil on plugs setup or a single coil with leads...

also if you delete distribuitor then you need AEM EPM for crank and cam signal...so coil on plug and injectors will run sequantial...

use map sensor as main load with tps for throttle enrichment

try the oem iac to see how is working...

Hi thanks for the reply!
I think Im keeping my oem distribuitor, anything else that i should know?

iceman_n

Postby iceman_n » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:42 pm

you should know that in high revs in turbo application distributor can not supply strong spark...you will have issues with this...

jpb16at

Postby jpb16at » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:39 am

iceman_n wrote:you should know that in high revs in turbo application distributor can not supply strong spark...you will have issues with this...

I know my friend of course! what you are suggesting is the right thing to do for the build but i ran out of money and i need to finish this proyect as soon as i can so i decided to upgrade the distribuitor later... this is just to start up the car and know what sensors are necesary for a good tune, for now its not necesary to hit 9krpm, 8k will be ok.
I think with good sparkplugs and a good manteniance to the dist. It can handle 300 whp at 16 psi or something like that
What do you think?

iceman_n

Postby iceman_n » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:22 am

i am not sure...i suggest you to run the car just for daily driving and normal use until you buy the proper components

also i am not sure how accurate and strong will be the signal from distributor as revs goes up, you need to check several times if advance timing changes as you go up to revs...

Return to “Platinum Sprint Series”