cannot connect to ecu

Questions about the Platinum Sprint series ECU settings or features? Ask here.
hughy85

cannot connect to ecu

Postby hughy85 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:44 pm

Hi, i have a PS500 ECU that i never had any issues with connecting to my laptop.

I believe the firmware was upgraded whist vehicle was at the tuners and now i can no longer connect using my laptop.

I am running ECU Manager 1.14

I'm pretty sure this is the latest version of ecu manager? What else could have happened to prevent me being able to connect?

Cheers.

Peterson

Re: cannot connect to ecu

Postby Peterson » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:07 pm

I just checked at haltech website and no 1.14 exists for that ecu V1.13.0 Firmware is the most recent i see which you can download.Try asking your tuner.

hughy85

Re: cannot connect to ecu

Postby hughy85 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:23 am

You mustnt have read my post correctly, V1.14.0 is the latest version of ecu manager thst is available
V1.13.0 is the latest firmware that is available.

I believe I was running these versions of ecu manager and firmware when i took the vehicle in, however i recal him saying he was going to update the firmware for some reason.

I tried uninstalling ecu manager V1.14.0 and going back to V1.13.5 but still had no luck. HAve reinstalled V1.14.0 and still unable to connect.

Have tried another USB lead, and have also tried all usb ports on my laptop - still fails to connect even though the vehicle starts and runs fine.

Only thing I can think of is that I was running Windows xp and I believe the tuner was using windows 10. Wouldn't think that would make a difference but it's the only difference in can think of?

Return to “Platinum Sprint Series”