Sprint 500 on a EJ25 no spark or injection signal.

Questions about the Platinum Sprint series ECU settings or features? Ask here.
madman74

Sprint 500 on a EJ25 no spark or injection signal.

Postby madman74 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:15 pm

Hi all we have installed an ej25 into a vw beetle. We installed the sprint 500 at the same time. I'm new to Haltech ECUs The ecu is wired with all sensors hooked up. We had it to the point of checking for spark and injector pulse. had both, the next day we planned on setting up tdc/ ignition angle to get it to run, the problem is the next day, not touching anything, we lost spark and injection pulse. It does spark with key on key off but that's it We still have home and trigger signal, injectors are 12.5 ohms,we have voltage to injectors and coils, we are using a hecu2 and stock 4 post coil, If I ground injectors they fire, If i jump ignition to ground the plugs fire. injectors are enabled. I have 12v to pos side of injectors, I also have 8v to the ecu side of the injectors, is this normal? Checked wiring harness and cannot find any problems. Is there a safety feature that will shut down the drivers for the injectors and coil driver? Could ECU have been damaged? Are there any diagnostics built into the sprint 500 to check to see if the the coil and injector drivers?
Any place in the USA to have the ECU tested? Sorry for all the Newb questions.

Thanks for any help!!

Nissanman

Re: Sprint 500 on a EJ25 no spark or injection signal.

Postby Nissanman » Tue May 23, 2017 8:37 pm

Have you checked for a blown fuse in the electrics?
Nissanman, just trying to help.....

madman74

Postby madman74 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:58 am

Hi yes I have checked all fuses and relays, checked the harness everything is wired correctly. Still cant figure this thing out.

madman74

Postby madman74 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:14 am

Yes FIgured it out!!!! trigger plug was messed up, Was burnt inside! Was getting a signal but must not have been clean enough for the computer. Put a new plug on and everything works, Actually got it fired up!!! Now for a butt load of tuning.
Thanks

Return to “Platinum Sprint Series”