Sprint 500 20V 4AGE

Questions about the Platinum Sprint series ECU settings or features? Ask here.
Gramacosport

Sprint 500 20V 4AGE

Postby Gramacosport » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Hi
I am wiring the Haltech Sprint 500 to a 20V
questions and recommendations

Does the Oxygen OEM sensor works fine as input to feedback the ECU, or its a must to a wideband sensor.

20V 4age, idle valve its a bipolar, as far as I understand you could connect one DPO to one side of the idle valve, any feedback on that, and recommendations for the setting of this DPO.

the Tach out line, I want to use the AE86 OEM Tach, could I used it directly or do I need any type of converter

Thanks

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Sprint 500 20V 4AGE

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:42 pm

OEM O2 sensor is narrow band and most likely does not work correctly anymore given the age of the engine. You could use it if it works for cruising, but not for engine tuning under power.

PS500 only does open loop idle and does not support 3-wire types. You would connect one output to the side that closes the valve, set as BAC Main, and invert the signal. This will give you some control but only half.

You would either use a converter or get the signal from a coil -ve terminal.

Truenoracer

Re: Sprint 500 20V 4AGE

Postby Truenoracer » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:20 am

If you aren't running a/c I wouldn't even bother with the 20v IAC, its archaic and terrible even when it's working. I leave mine unplugged and it as an idle of 900, which unless you are trying for maximum economy or a complete stock-like tune is fine, at least with me. I have some settings for the iac valve in a few different ways if you want, PM me to remind me and I can look them up to see which is which, but if it's a smooth idle you want... I think shelling out the loot for the Haltech idle motor and block is probably your best bet.
As for the 02, ditch it. The early gen 4 wire o2's from toyota aren't the fastest or really most accurate. They worked with the OEM BT ecu because that ecu is equally slow and tuned for economy. Get yourself an Innovate MTX-L and set 0v for 7.35 and 5v for 22.4, use output 1. either set sprint to ignore o2 input for a while during start or program mtx-l to set a specific voltage as output during "htr" heater time.
Tach signal can come right from cam sensor, don't think there is any need for the haltech to be involved. Mine is off in the ecu settings but works just fine; however, I used the oem harness with a jumper, forget what terminals are what at this point.
-my $.02

Return to “Platinum Sprint Series”