Launch control for NA engines

Questions about the Platinum Pro Plug-in ECU's? Ask here.
Baby Face

Launch control for NA engines

Postby Baby Face » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:49 am

Super new to haltech.
But i have a Platinum PnP for AP1 s2000.

I have been playing about with the tune a friend gave me.
but wanted to activate launch control, just for fun, Im aware as an NA engine im not going to expect a better launch or anything special just some improvement in consistency.

Compared to the Hondata and other launch control setups i have seen this one is far more technical.
Im after a 4500 end RPM launch.

can anyone tell me if im on the right track i followed the youtube guide from haltech and scott's advice from this thread viewtopic.php?t=7752
this is where im at

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Launch control for NA engines

Postby HaltechMatthew » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:47 pm

Looks kind of normal. You generally wont need extra fuel for an NA engine, so this will be zero. The amount of timing reduction also does not really help much other than smoothing the limiter a little as you have no turbo to spool with the excess exhaust flow that comes from retarded timing and extra fuel.

Baby Face

Postby Baby Face » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:46 pm

HaltechMatthew wrote:Looks kind of normal. You generally wont need extra fuel for an NA engine, so this will be zero. The amount of timing reduction also does not really help much other than smoothing the limiter a little as you have no turbo to spool with the excess exhaust flow that comes from retarded timing and extra fuel.

So you would say this would work? It only has to make pops etc.
I am curious though is there any advantage in setting the timing to become more retarded higher in the rev range when the revs won't go beyond 4500? Like it there any point having the retard to 8 degrees at 8000 rpm? When it will only rev up to 4500

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:13 pm

In general you need more advance as rpm goes higher because you have less time to complete combustion, but this is only a guide rule and not gospel.

Baby Face

Postby Baby Face » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:53 am

HaltechMatthew wrote:In general you need more advance as rpm goes higher because you have less time to complete combustion, but this is only a guide rule and not gospel.

I see, well are there any improvements you would recommend to these maps or should these be safe to upload to the ecu?

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:48 pm

Up to the tuner as to what is safe. Nobody else can say yes or no.

Return to “Platinum Pro Plug-in”