Z33 Platinum Pro P0373 code issue.

Questions about the Platinum Pro Plug-in ECU's? Ask here.
MyLadiZ

Z33 Platinum Pro P0373 code issue.

Postby MyLadiZ » Tue May 09, 2017 6:23 am

Hey guys I'm having some trouble with my Haltech and a code I can't find a whole lot of Information on. I'm getting a P0373 code which is a timing reference error. After several attempts of starting the car and clearing the code the car will start and run fine and the code will not come back until the car has fully cooled. I replaced cam and crank sensors and a broken connector on bank one sensor. Which I have verified is all working correctly. I have verified timing on the engine is correct. This one has me scratching my head. I can watch cam and crank sensor data with the diagnostic page but the car won't start. I'm also getting a backfire every once and a while when it tried to start and immediately dies. Any help would be much appreciated!

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Z33 Platinum Pro P0373 code issue.

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue May 09, 2017 1:41 pm

Have you tried contacting us directly. salesandsupport@haltech.com.au

There are a few cars out there with minor differences in flywheel location. Yours could be one of them and we have a work around.

MyLadiZ

Postby MyLadiZ » Wed May 10, 2017 1:17 am

Hey Matt thank you for the reply I have not gotten in touch directly with you guys yet. I kinda got frustrated with the car and took it to storage I will be bringing it home again this weekend to wrap up a few things and try to get this sorted out. I have a Tilton flywheel and twin disc in the car if that makes any sort of difference in the variance for flywheels. What is the fix for the flywheel variance issue?

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed May 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Different flywheels do impact this, but hopefully the supplied firmware will solve it.

silva350z

Postby silva350z » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:03 pm

Hi ,
Was this ever resolved? I am having the same issue. I have replaced the crank sensor with a new oem one and no luck I still get the code. I have also noticed when the code comes on the miscounter changes and the car gets a back fire. I can try replacing the cams sensors next but I really don't think that is the issue. I have an os giken twin disk in my 350z. Is this a clutch the haltech has problems with? Where can I get the proper firmware? I currently have 1.13.4

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:48 pm

As per the post above. Contact us directly for support.

Lurch586

Postby Lurch586 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:12 am

Hello Matt,

So my car has been running fine with my Z33 Platinum Pro for about 2 years. I did get the occasional P0373 code thrown, but the car did not show any symptoms or run poorly, so I assumed it was an occasional minor issue reading my flywheel RPMs, or maybe the sensor was starting to go bad.

I had it sitting in my garage for 2 weeks as my clutch was shot and was waiting to bring it into the shop to replace it. After 2 weeks of not having touched it, it won't start unless I keep the starter engaged. Once it does start, it will almost immediately stall unless I hold a bit of throttle, and if it runs, it runs very, very poorly and will immediately stall out once I stop revving the engine. I was able to run it long enough this way for the ECM to throw a code: P0373. This is the only code that was given.

I've already replaced the Crankshaft Position sensor, as well as the Camshaft position sensors as a precaution. I believe the stock Nissan ECU is designed to provide an RPM reference signal from the camshaft pos sensors in cases where the Crankshaft pos sensors malfunction. Is this the case with the Haltech Z33 PP?

I did not have my laptop plugged in so I wasn't reading any other diagnostic info.

I have a Clutch Masters aluminum flywheel/stage 4 clutch pairing.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Lurch586

Postby Lurch586 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:03 am

Attached is a short video clip showing 2 crank attempts. It's a wmv file I had to ZIP so I could attach.

3 sec: 1st crank attempt
5 sec: Engine starts
7 sec: Engines stalls at 1522 RPM

11 sec: 2nd crank attempt
13 sec: Engine starts
14 sec: Engine stalls at 1514 RPM

Any recommendations on what parameters to log in order to better understand this?
Attachments
Z33PlatPro_Lurch586_2 cranks.zip
(251.21 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

Return to “Platinum Pro Plug-in”