ignition generic correction activating when conditions NOT met!

Questions about the Platinum Pro Plug-in ECU's? Ask here.
rcdash

ignition generic correction activating when conditions NOT met!

Postby rcdash » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:55 am

I have my ignition generic correction set up to help with traction control in a gear vs wheel slip % table. I am getting extreme engine bucking shifting into 2nd gear. Clearly I have some fine tuning but there is a definite BUG in the activation of this channel. The IGN generic correction should only activate when in boost, when rpm > 3500 rpms AND when the VDC system is activated. It is activating when the VDC system is activated but the other 2 conditions are NOT met (and I am using "AND" logic).

I have attached a screenshot to depict the relevant tables and log. I will experiment if maybe the logic is reversed in your code and I need to change to "OR" logic to actually implement a condition where all 3 conditions must be met to activate. As far as I can tell this is the only place I have found this error. In the screenshot, I already changed the logic to OR to give it a go, sorry about that. It was just set to all "AND" when that log was taken.

Please advise.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

rcdash

Re: ignition generic correction activating when conditions NOT met!

Postby rcdash » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:00 am

Removing this post as it is really unrelated and starting a new thread. Appreciate if an engineer could just confirm that the "AND" logic for ignition generic correction is really being treated as "OR" logic - and log as a bug to fix when possible. Thanks!

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:37 am

Send the map and log. Cant really see anything in a screenshot.

rcdash

Postby rcdash » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:55 pm

Do you mean attach them or e-mail them? I don't think Hal will like me posting the map on a public forum, but happy to e-mail if you let me know the address. I am attaching the data log in a zip file. Thank you!
Attachments
03052016.zip
(41.69 KiB) Downloaded 46 times

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:36 pm

support@haltech.com
Generally gets quicker answers too

rcdash

Postby rcdash » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:42 am

E-mail sent. Thank you Matthew.

-tcode-

Postby -tcode- » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:51 am

Bringing this old thread back, because I'm having exact problem. Using fuel and ignition generic tables as sort of traction control (and it works fantastic), but the problem is they are activated all the time, no matter if condition is met or not.
Condition.jpg

Having line locks I'm able to stop front wheels from moving, so I should make a burnout and tire warming without hassle. But, my "traction control" is activated all the time, although it shouldn't be when front wheels speed is less than 10 km/h, and it kills power instantly. I can clearly see it in log files, it's activated even on speeds over 120 km/h.

So yes, I can confirm condition activation is not working, probably bug in firmware?

-tcode-

Postby -tcode- » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:41 pm

C'mon people, this is not a feature request. It's simply something that should work from the start. I know that this platform isn't under development any more, but bugs should be fixed as long as you sell this unit. And it's a very old one bug, there was a plenty of time to fix it.

Bought 3 ecu units this year, and need one more soon, please make us happy customers :).

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:28 am

No argument from the tech staff. We ask often, but have no power to make it happen sorry.

-tcode-

Postby -tcode- » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:11 pm

My patience will end soon. I will nicely ask one more time, PLEASE FIX this BUG, can't wait 10 years on this. Otherwise you will force me to buy Syvecs ecu's, and ditch the Haltech.

Thank you.

Return to “Platinum Pro Plug-in”