How to bench test an ECU?

Questions about the Platinum Pro Plug-in ECU's? Ask here.
CGraves

How to bench test an ECU?

Postby CGraves » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:04 am

I bought a platinum pro plug and play ecu for an R33 skyline/RB25DET motor and I'm trying to verify if the ECU is DOA.

I can plug in the ECU to the car and I get no lights on the back of the ECU and my laptop cannot connect to it. I can plug in a stock R33 ECU and a stock Z32 ECU with a NIStune board and they both turn on and start the car just fine.

The haltech and the stock nissan ecus appear to have the same pinout according to these two links. Haltech Pinout page 13

Stock RB25 pinout

Only reason I want to attempt to bench test it before I send it in is customer support says I'll have to pay shipping both ways even if the ECU is dead which I find ridiculous but I digress.

+12v to pin 58 and ground to pin 50 and 60 should light the LEDs up correct?

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: How to bench test an ECU?

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:20 pm

You can test it in the car quite simply by ensuring that ALL ECU pins that say they should have power and ground actually do have power and ground. What we use to power and ground our system may be different from how the factory does it so while OEM may power up if one or two are missing our ECU may not.

If you are not getting the blue power light then yes there is something missing.

Return to “Platinum Pro Plug-in”