I am from Germany near Heilbronn and Neckarsulm where one of the Audi factorys is located. i did my vocational training there for 3.5 years and ended as regions best car mechanic. Currently i do my engineering study now.
As i am from Germany i have often a lot of problems according to high tuning restrictions by the government and the german association for technical inspection
Three years ago i started to build a second 1.8 litre turbo engine for my loved TT it should become a fast street and trackday car, no stanced cambered... s**t.
About half a year before finishing and swaping the engine i decided to run a elite 1500 and it was the best decision i ever made, thank you guys!
I ran the ECU on my old engine that was nearly stock so i could learn a lot about tuning without damaging anything expensive.
In february this year i was able to finish the new engine and do the swap. After a few problems it runs now so smootly and after breaking in it is estimated by a few guys to over 600hp. I haven´t done a dynorun yet, i will do if i am completely happy with my tuning.
- 1.8 litre Audi/VW 20V APX engine block bored to 83mm stock stroke
- 20V AEB head CNC ported equipped with bigger supertech valves
- JE asymetric pistons
- Integrated I-shaft conrods
- balanced crank
- reinforcing plate and ARP studs
- selfmade intakemanifold
- selfmade exhaustmanifold (using firingorder to produce a tumble)
- Garrett GTX3076R with 0.63AR Tial housing and 38mm MVS Tial Wastegate
- 50mm Tial BOV
- reinforced 6-speed 02m gearbox
- 2 disc sachs sinther clutch 200mm
- 76mm downpipe and exhaust
- 63mm presure pipes and 100mm intake
- 700x300x65 front mount intercooler
- VE mapping, boost by gear, AWD controlled by ECU... up to 3.9bar absolute boost
of course here are some pictures of my build hope you enjoy