ELITE HOME TRIGGER ERROR

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
187Unlimited

ELITE HOME TRIGGER ERROR

Postby 187Unlimited » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:31 am

HEY GUYS/GALS HAVING AN ISSUE WITH MY SETUP.

1JZGTE / ELITE 2000 / WIRING SPECIALTIES HARNESS / STOCK (NEW ) CRANK AND CAM SENSOR (REAR)

SETTINGS, 2JZ NON VVTI SETTINGS, RELUCTOR 12 TOOTH, RISING EDGE TRIGGER MAX FILTER, FALLING EDGE IGNITION, (ITS THE ONLY CONFIG. THAT RUNS) OFFSET 68DEG.

ISSUE = FALLS OUT OF SYNC. AT 2000 RPM, VOLTAGES DO NOT DISAPPEAR, TESTED WITH BACKPROBE TO ENSURE, HAVE NOT RAN O-SCOPE YET. TRIED FLIPPING THE WIRES AT CRANK AND CAM IN SEVERAL DIFFERENT CONFIG. AND ECU SETTINGS. I HAVE MAXED OUT MY RESOURCES TRYING TO LOCK DOWN THE PROBLEM. TRUCK WIRING IS STRAIGHT FORWARD, DIRECT POWER / GROUND FROM BATTERY THROUGH DIRECT SWITCHES. ALTERNATOR 14.5 V. ABOVE AND BELOW 2K ENGINE IS FLAWLESS NO OTHER ERRORS. AT 2K STEADY THE ERROR COUNT STEADILY CLIMBS. ALSO REMOVED CRANK TRIGGER TO INSPECT FOR DAMAGE, NONE.

THIS SYSTEM TYPICALLY SHOULD RUN ON FALLING EDGE SETTINGS WITH MINIMAL FILTERS. I AM STUMPED. ANY IDEAS WELCOME.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: ELITE HOME TRIGGER ERROR

Postby HaltechMatthew » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:36 am

Put your scopoe on it and check you have the correct polarity rather than guessing. Then work from there.

Return to “Elite Series”