DBW Cruise Control

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
Spadam9

Re: DBW Cruise Control

Postby Spadam9 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:19 am

Cruise control!!! yes please. bumpety bump.

Spadam9

Postby Spadam9 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:09 pm

Bump, I can remember this being mentioned when they released the Elite. Is it that complex? Or is it just a PID control like DBW idle control based on vehicle speed not rpm target. Add a way to have an input or two to store, cancel and resume a speed target. Then add limits of APP, TPS, boost, brake/clutch switch and rpm.

No firmware update for many months now, anything happening Haltech?

BlueReaperX

Postby BlueReaperX » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:50 pm

I don't think it would be that hard to enable cruise control. I've been waiting 4 years now for this feature and I have all the required signals to make it work. A speed signal (GPS or Driveshaft speed sensor), tach signal, brake signal, neutral position switch, and whatever other parameter the user wants to influence cruise control. I'm pretty sure everyone who wants cruise control has all of these monitored on their Haltech ECU if not their all easily accessed in a vehicle with a standalone. And incase someone doesn't have cruise control from factory a Toyota CC stalk from a junk yard will do just fine.

I might be wrong but what's so hard about adding an input signal that triggers the ECU to hold the throttle open to maintain a specific speed? :roll:

I have started looking into other ways to make cruise control work again in my car. Mainly a module that reads all the parameters above and goes in between the throttle pedal and the Haltech. So Far I have found one company that offers such thing I'm just waiting for them to confirm if it's compatible with my throttle pedal.

http://www.autostrada.com.au/toyota-cru ... trols.html

Return to “Elite Series”