DBW Cruise Control

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
Spadam9

Re: DBW Cruise Control

Postby Spadam9 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:19 pm

Cruise control!!! yes please. bumpety bump.

Spadam9

Postby Spadam9 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:09 pm

Bump, I can remember this being mentioned when they released the Elite. Is it that complex? Or is it just a PID control like DBW idle control based on vehicle speed not rpm target. Add a way to have an input or two to store, cancel and resume a speed target. Then add limits of APP, TPS, boost, brake/clutch switch and rpm.

No firmware update for many months now, anything happening Haltech?

BlueReaperX

Postby BlueReaperX » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:50 pm

I don't think it would be that hard to enable cruise control. I've been waiting 4 years now for this feature and I have all the required signals to make it work. A speed signal (GPS or Driveshaft speed sensor), tach signal, brake signal, neutral position switch, and whatever other parameter the user wants to influence cruise control. I'm pretty sure everyone who wants cruise control has all of these monitored on their Haltech ECU if not their all easily accessed in a vehicle with a standalone. And incase someone doesn't have cruise control from factory a Toyota CC stalk from a junk yard will do just fine.

I might be wrong but what's so hard about adding an input signal that triggers the ECU to hold the throttle open to maintain a specific speed? :roll:

I have started looking into other ways to make cruise control work again in my car. Mainly a module that reads all the parameters above and goes in between the throttle pedal and the Haltech. So Far I have found one company that offers such thing I'm just waiting for them to confirm if it's compatible with my throttle pedal.

http://www.autostrada.com.au/toyota-cru ... trols.html

RedBullGuy

Postby RedBullGuy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:32 am

I just confirmed that cruise control is low on the priority list. :/

BlueReaperX

Postby BlueReaperX » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:20 pm

Good news, I contacted Autostrada and after providing them all the required signals and connector shapes they built an almost plug and play module. It plugs in between the brake and throttle pedal connectors. 1 wire to the vehicle speed signal wire, and 2 wires to the factory cruise stalk.

It's not perfect as it requires holding the stalk for a little longer than factory but it works flawless once set at a certain speed.

All of the above could be easily achieved through a Haltech ECU by just adding two wires for the cruise stalk. It already reads vehicle speed, controls throttle and has a brake signal for launch control. At least people have an alternate solution now.

Drwaffles

Postby Drwaffles » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:50 am

They've added cruise control to the help documents, so I can't imagine it's overly far off.

stelabates

Postby stelabates » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:44 pm

nbongiovanni wrote:News?

Don't think anyone is listening yall.
I'm satisfied with my choice after reading this clenbutrol review.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:39 pm

Definitely listening.

It is currently available on the Ford plug in ECU and is in development for the 1500/2500. I just don't have an ETA.

ToyotaHubs

Postby ToyotaHubs » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:58 am

Bump, need DBW Cruise Control support on my Elite 1500

jays22b

Postby jays22b » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:06 pm

Still waiting, Wish I had piggy backed the oem so I had it working. Sucked into plug n play.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:27 pm

Coming shortly.

ToyotaHubs

Postby ToyotaHubs » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:35 am

HaltechMatthew wrote:Coming shortly.

That's great news!

My 2TR-FE ECU receives a ground to turn Cruise ON/OFF and is looking for a resistance for each command.
How will this be setup within ESP? What will I need to do?
Will a pull-up be enabled and calibration set for the resistance for each command? Will I need to provide any inputs?

Thanks

BlueReaperX

Postby BlueReaperX » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:43 pm

ToyotaHubs wrote:
HaltechMatthew wrote:Coming shortly.

That's great news!

My 2TR-FE ECU receives a ground to turn Cruise ON/OFF and is looking for a resistance for each command.
How will this be setup within ESP? What will I need to do?
Will a pull-up be enabled and calibration set for the resistance for each command? Will I need to provide any inputs?

Thanks

Look at my last post above. If it's anything like my Autostrada Module, you will just need to wire in the cruise control stalk and configure it as a pull up resistor as you said for each command. You can easily measure those or look them up online as I think all Toyota stalks use the same resistance (My Tundra and 86 do).

Everything else should be already hooked up to the Haltech ECU, maybe just a brake/clutch signal if it's not wired already. Of course drive by wire throttle body and a speed signal is required (GPS may work but is not ideal).

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:04 am

It is coming very very shortly, maybe even before you read this. If you want to see what is adjustable right now, and how to set it up, just open a New File of the Ford Falcon I6 ECU which has Cruise Control.

Generally a single input for the switchgear with different resistors on each button. You will also need a brake as well as clutch input if you have a manual trans. Of course you need vehicle speed coming in too. Pretty much it will tell you what you need.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:02 am

I spoke a few hours too soon. It is now available to the public in v2.29 firmware released yesterday. Be sure to grab ESP v2.00.35 to go with it.

Return to “Elite Series”