How to use OEM CAN input/output

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
wrxt4cy

How to use OEM CAN input/output

Postby wrxt4cy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:31 am

I see that I can select OEM CAN bus types, such as Subaru WRX STI G4 in my case, and I can see a list of supported devices, such as the Si drive knob we have in the 2008+ STi, but for the life of me, I cannot figure how to actually configure something that can use the CAN input to listen for the Si drive knob position to use it as a table input.

Am I missing the way to do this or do we not have the full functionality to do something like this yet? I don't see why I can select my CAN type but not doing anything with it.

Thanks!

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: How to use OEM CAN input/output

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:01 pm

You do not have the ability to program your own CAN, but either way the updated CAN support for current gen Subarus is due very shortly and it will have SI-Drive compatibility. I actually asked R&D about this exact thing only an hour before reading this and was told it is working on our car and just needs the code checked and added.

wrxt4cy

Postby wrxt4cy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:09 pm

That is good news! What other functionality will be introduced with that? Do you know?

If I am understanding this correctly, you will be adding a specific function for things like "Subaru Si Drive" that can be enabled and configured, is that correct?

Will this CAN development also support cruise control when that feature becomes available in general?

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:35 am

CAN support is being done for this model of vehicle to maintain all dash functionality, with most of it done and the SI Drive being worked on as I type. A Plug-In harness is due shortly for the current STI model.

Cruise coding has not been done but is planned for a future update.

Spadam9

Postby Spadam9 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:35 pm

Yaaay, I welcome all suby updates!!! Thank you.

wrxt4cy

Postby wrxt4cy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:48 am

HaltechMatthew wrote:CAN support is being done for this model of vehicle to maintain all dash functionality, with most of it done and the SI Drive being worked on as I type. A Plug-In harness is due shortly for the current STI model.

Cruise coding has not been done but is planned for a future update.

Could you please give me an idea what "shortly" means? :)

I am about the pull the trigger on a 2500 ECU and would really like to have plug-in harness available when I do it. I need to have the car ready go by early April for my first race of the season.

As for the CAN support, that is very exciting to hear about and I look forward to using it. :D

Spadam9

Postby Spadam9 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:35 am

Just do some franken wiring like I did and have your mates call your suby a birds nest. Plug in loom pleaaaaasee!!! :wink:

Lol

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:06 pm

Shortly means not today, but perhaps in an uncertain number of days after today, but not a large amount of days. 8)

wrxt4cy

Postby wrxt4cy » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:45 am

HaltechMatthew wrote:Shortly means not today, but perhaps in an uncertain number of days after today, but not a large amount of days. 8)

I figured you'd give me an answer like that. :lol:

If you need a beta tester, let me know, I'll happily drop one in my car. :)

wrxt4cy

Postby wrxt4cy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:26 am

I've checked and done the latest updates but still don't seem to be able to utilize Si drive.

Has this been added yet or will it be added soon?

Thanks!

Hokman

Postby Hokman » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:44 am

Hi any update?

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:20 pm

No update sorry.

Drwaffles

Postby Drwaffles » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:43 pm

I've got an 07 liberty EZ30 (Side question, unsure if the CAN system differs to the 05 you have in the drop down list, curious if you know)

Just throwing my support behind this idea :)
I would absolutely kill for I/O data to be able to be transmitted from the ECU to the Haltech. (Things such as SI drive position, Coolant temp, oil temp (Pedal position might not poll fast enough) etc..

Would save a LOT of the precious few AVI in's and calibration for each, something that almost made me buy a Link instead.
Especially with the addition of cruise control when that happens.. Lots of AVI's for "Cruise enable, set, resume, cancel, accelerate, decelerate"

Is there even a current list of functions that the vehicle selected CAN system can access?

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:48 am

The list of channels available appears when you select that vehicle as a pop up bubble.

Mobne_s13

Postby Mobne_s13 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:12 pm

HaltechMatthew wrote:Shortly means not today, but perhaps in an uncertain number of days after today, but not a large amount of days. 8)

You should start with politics. ;)

I don’t know if that’s a true compliment or nut but it’s funny lol.

Cheers!

Return to “Elite Series”