Trigger and Home signal issues SR20 Elite 1500

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
Wells51

Trigger and Home signal issues SR20 Elite 1500

Postby Wells51 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:20 pm

Good evening,

I'm having a bit of an issue with my CAS in my SR20. A bit of back ground knowledge on the car, it is a Series 2 Nissan Silvia ADM with a Haltech Elite 1500 ECU and a Wiring Specialties Loom. It has a Brand new OEM CAS after I thought the CAS was the fault.

I'm having an issue with my home and trigger signals from the CAS, with the ignition turned on the tachometer sits at max rpm and when cranking it fluctuates in the Haltech ESP software between 5000rpm and 16000rpm.
I have tested the voltage coming from the plug and how found this when the ignition is turned on not cranking

Pin 1 = 0v
Pin 2 = 12.3v
Pin 3 = 5v
Pin 4 = 5v

When cranking I get this

Pin 1 = 0v
Pin 2 = 9.0v
Pin 3 = 5.5v
Pin 4 = 5.5v

With what little knowledge I know about how these cam angle sensors work I would assume that these would be correct voltages?

This is my first dive into any sort of tuning as I am a heavy diesel mechanic by trade, so sorry for my ignorance, I'm trying to learn as I go. I have played with the settings in the trigger menu just to try and get any sort of correct signal from the CAS

Any idea on what the issue is? I will attach some photos of my trigger settings, the tachometer and the plug labelled with pin numbers I referenced.

Image Image Image

Wells51

Re: Trigger and Home signal issues SR20 Elite 1500

Postby Wells51 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:33 am

Fixed, swapped the wires around on the CAS plug as per instructions from the loom manufacturer and issue seems to be fixed

Return to “Elite Series”