Single turbo supra hot start issue

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
techghost

Single turbo supra hot start issue

Postby techghost » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:03 am

Hi,
I'm running haltech elite 2500 with premium wiring loom in my single turbo 2jzgte 6 speed supra. I've noticed that after driving around everytime I shut the car, she doesn't start again until it cools down (starts afters a few hours). It feels like she doesn't want to start at all no matter what you do and when she cools down she just starts as I'd nothing happened earlier.

This only started to happen after I got elite ecu and new wiring earlier I was running p2000 with PnP harness and never had this issue. Setup hasn't changed at all.

I've unchecked "flood protection" and "injector fault detection" thinking may be ecu is trying to protect engine from flooding when it's hot but that didn't help. I lm looking for some guidance from you on how to troubleshoot this issue. To me it seems like fuel stop coming :cry:

elisonmercera

Re: Single turbo supra hot start issue

Postby elisonmercera » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:38 am

I had this same issue but with a Toyota 4EFTE engine (trigger is a relucter 24+1 dizzy) using a Sport1000 ecu. Car started fine when cold but as soon as it reached 80degrees of coolant temp i wont start again if i shut it down. I have tried messing with the prime pulse settings but it didn't seem to help. After a long night of troubleshooting i decided to star logging every channel of the ecu and it is that moment i came after that it had a miss counter hence it did not want to start when reached above 80degrees. It might sound strange but i did not get a home signal upon cranking when the engine was hot. So i decided to lower the threshold voltage for the home signal and it did fix the problem. It was a strange thing for sure because it would run fine upon operating temperature but once i shut it off it did not want to fire back up. Once i lowered the voltage threshold it worked fine till the day of today.

techghost

Re: Single turbo supra hot start issue

Postby techghost » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:09 pm

hm.... that is strange. My behaves the same, doesnt want to start once it reaches the NOT.

where is the threshold voltage for home signal? i dont think i've seen it either in P2000 or in elite2500. Appreciate if you can share perhaps a screenshot so i can also try that, otherwise i've tried prime, cranking, CT/AT etc. but none helped :(

Return to “Elite Series”