Elite 750 & 2jzgte igniter

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
Caritech

Elite 750 & 2jzgte igniter

Postby Caritech » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:07 am

Hello. I'm installing an Elite 750 on a non-vvti 2jzgte. Looking at the information on the unit I've noticed that the ignition output is a ground while the 2jz igniter responds to a pull-up 5v. What do I have to do for the igniter to work? Thank you.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Elite 750 & 2jzgte igniter

Postby HaltechMatthew » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:39 pm

Wire it to the ignitor. You are over-thinking it :D
Default settings will work with it too. Direct Fire, Constant Charge, Falling edge.

Caritech

Postby Caritech » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:28 pm

Thank you for the reply.

I wired it all up but I'm getting no spark or injector pulse. The unit response to RPM by working the fuel pump and is reporting incoming rpm but it isn't turning the injector and ignition drivers on. "Engine Limiting Function" and "Engine Limiting Method" both say none with no DTC's.

Used the Supra Single turbo base map (JDM 2jz btw). It is wired in parallel with factory PCM which had an issue of only firing the number 1 and 2 coils. Could that be causing an issue?

SONofSUN

Postby SONofSUN » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:54 pm

Caritech wrote:Thank you for the reply.

I wired it all up but I'm getting no spark or injector pulse. The unit response to RPM by working the fuel pump and is reporting incoming rpm but it isn't turning the injector and ignition drivers on. "Engine Limiting Function" and "Engine Limiting Method" both say none with no DTC's.

Used the Supra Single turbo base map (JDM 2jz btw). It is wired in parallel with factory PCM which had an issue of only firing the number 1 and 2 coils. Could that be causing an issue?

For trigger settings, do you have the pull up disabled? and ground ref. ticked on? since it is parallel installations.
Does the factory ECU supply the power to your coils and injectors?
can you post map and maybe a picture/sketch for wiring injectors, igniter and trigger?

Caritech

Postby Caritech » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:43 pm

SONofSUN wrote:

For trigger settings, do you have the pull up disabled? and ground ref. ticked on? since it is parallel installations.
can you post map and maybe a picture/sketch for wiring injectors, igniter and trigger?

Will have to confirm later but yes those are/should be the settings.
The factory PCM is turning on the efi relay and the injectors and igniter are powered on. The Haltech has it's 5v and increases the dwell time during cranking.

Caritech

Postby Caritech » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:56 am

SONofSUN wrote:

Double checked settings and they're correct or at least they match your suggestions. Which parts of the map would be most relevant to share with you?

Caritech

Postby Caritech » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:39 pm

Screenshot 2018-01-15 22.23.05.png

Screenshot 2018-01-15 22.21.54.png

Screenshot 2018-01-15 16.43.05.png

SONofSUN

Postby SONofSUN » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:55 pm

Caritech wrote:
SONofSUN wrote:

Double checked settings and they're correct or at least they match your suggestions. Which parts of the map would be most relevant to share with you?

Just zip the base map and post it as an attachment

Caritech

Postby Caritech » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:41 pm

Here it is hopefully.

SuperLex.zip
2jzgte map
(21.57 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

Caritech

Postby Caritech » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:33 am

Update: The Elite is not reporting any change in count for home, no matter what we do. We even tried giving it the crank/trigger signal but it stays zero (0).

SONofSUN

Postby SONofSUN » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:39 am

Caritech wrote:Update: The Elite is not reporting any change in count for home, no matter what we do. We even tried giving it the crank/trigger signal but it stays zero (0).

Any update? hope you get the engine started.
Did you try to start with zero filtering for RPM, trigger and home? I noticed you have filtering level 3 and 2 for rpm and trigger, respectively.
The ignition is set up for direct fire?

Caritech

Postby Caritech » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:21 am

SONofSUN wrote:
Caritech wrote:Update: The Elite is not reporting any change in count for home, no matter what we do. We even tried giving it the crank/trigger signal but it stays zero (0).

Any update? hope you get the engine started.
Did you try to start with zero filtering for RPM, trigger and home? I noticed you have filtering level 3 and 2 for rpm and trigger, respectively.
The ignition is set up for direct fire?

No luck yet. Yes filters at 0 & ignition is direct fire. I have to send a log and map to Haltech USA. I did notice the trigger error counter increments every crank. If you unplug the CAM it reports "No home."

Um146163

Postby Um146163 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:04 am

hey, any update on your build? I am having the same issue. the output signal from the ecu towards the igniter is negative and i have no spark. could you screenshot your setting please? thanks

CorrPerformance

Postby CorrPerformance » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:46 am

Did the OP get this engine started, I am also working on a parallel install on a toyota with similar issues.
Corr Performance Tuning
EFI-101 Graduate 7-16-05
HALTECH & AEM EMS Factory Trained / Cobb / Unichip
Image Image Image

Return to “Elite Series”