Torque Reduction function for sequential trans?

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
blakebonkofsky

Torque Reduction function for sequential trans?

Postby blakebonkofsky » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:01 pm

Can someone explain this function to me? There is nothing in the help file that I could find...

I will be fitting an Elite to a K20 powered open cockpit car that uses a Hewland 6 speed sequential gearbox. Currently the owner is using an air shift setup with another brand ECU, and has to lift to upshift.

I know I could use the Flat Shift feature, but it looks like the Torque Reduction may do that and more? Or are those functions meant to be used together?

The trans has a gear position sensor, along with electronic paddle shifters that actuate the air solenoids. I could wire in a clutch switch if needed, so I think I have all of the inputs covered.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Torque Reduction function for sequential trans?

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:17 pm

Contact us directly when you are doing this and we can help with the details.

blakebonkofsky

Postby blakebonkofsky » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:29 pm

Thanks Matt, will do.

BlueReaperX

Postby BlueReaperX » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:58 pm

My truck is running on an Elite 2500T and the auto transmission has its own TCM. I was wondering if I could use torque reduction to make it shift "softer" at lower RPM. I could send a signal to the ECU from the TCM whenever it shift gears. Is this possible?

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:04 pm

If your trans sends this, then sure just set up a generic table to do a retard.

Mobne_s13

Postby Mobne_s13 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:37 pm

HaltechMatthew wrote:Contact us directly when you are doing this and we can help with the details.

I want to know more about this to. If he now contact you how can I learn more if it’s not covered in the help. :/

blakebonkofsky

Postby blakebonkofsky » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:48 am

Mobne_s13 wrote:
HaltechMatthew wrote:Contact us directly when you are doing this and we can help with the details.

I want to know more about this to. If he now contact you how can I learn more if it’s not covered in the help. :/

At the time, Haltech supplied me with an experimental firmware that had the closed loop flatshift function that is now standard on newer firmwares. I was able to make it work, and work fairly well using generic functions to control the individual air solenoids based on the status of the flatshift function.

It's not perfect, but without a dedicated function for sequential trans control, it's the best I could come up with, and the customer is happy :)

Return to “Elite Series”