2jz vvti

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
tandrew32

2jz vvti

Postby tandrew32 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:05 pm

hello guys. i am running a 750 series elite ecu on my 2jz vvti engine with upgraded hall sensors from honeywell. my problem is i am losing sync once the engine totally warms up. anyone else experience this?
I am running the stock vvti 32-2 trigger wheel, i bought no non vvti trigger wheel to see if it helps.
i was previously running a aem infinity and having the same issues with the stock sensors. so far i like the elite much better. any info is appreciated

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: 2jz vvti

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:25 pm

Use the stock sensors. Never seen an issue with them, ever.

The tooth pattern is 36-2, but you should just be selecting 2JZ VVTI as the pattern. The pattern is also designed for Reluctor sensors and will never work correctly with Hall sensors because the missing teeth are actually half-height teeth as required for a reluctor sensor to give the correct missing tooth gap pattern. Hall sensors may false trigger off the gap.

tandrew32

Postby tandrew32 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:42 am

I couldnt get it to work right with the stock sensors. I bought the hall kit from power house racing and theyve used it successfully with elite sytems. Im not having any luck. My next step is put the non vvti crank trigger on and see how that goes. The sensor air gap would be correct i would imagine phr makes quality products. Let you guys know how it goes.

tandrew32

Postby tandrew32 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:40 am

still haven't figured out my issue. sync is good till it gets full warmed then errors out the yang till it wont run. just bought an oscilloscope. will keep everyone posted.

D-Oaten

Postby D-Oaten » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:25 pm

Did you get this solved?

I had a VVTI with the same issue and i had to change the triggers from "Falling" to "Rising" or vice versa on both.

When the crank sensor was off it wouldn't run, when the cam sensor was off it would stall warm and lose sync over 4500rpm.

On factory sensors of course.

Return to “Elite Series”