EVO 8 alternator control

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
kisom2173

EVO 8 alternator control

Postby kisom2173 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:02 am

Have an issue with my 03 Evo 8 with a 2500 Elite with patch harness had an alternator take a crap on me replaced the alternator on initial startup alternator was overcharging the system I had to turn alternator control on to get it to somewhat settle but i didnt need this option on my old alternator.. which is odd they tested the alternator before I installed it. Also everything seems to work just right fuse wise if i pull the number 8 fuse under the hood it does turn on the battery and brake light so bit confused on whats going.

Is anyone else being forced to use the alternator control settings on a Evo 8? If so mind sharing your setting but im banking it to be another issue..

EvilEvolution8

Re: EVO 8 alternator control

Postby EvilEvolution8 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:30 pm

Weird behavior.
I have an Elite 1500 in my Evo 8 (without alternator control) and no problems with alternator.
What voltage you see in the ecu?

kisom2173

Postby kisom2173 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:04 pm

when I installed the new one I saw as soon as the car started running 17 volts ish and stayed at that level checked my fuses everything was good I turned on the atl control to force it to somewhat settle but that ran into setting up more settings which I somewhat dialed in but is still shittie just didn't add up because like you I never had to turn that setting on and just looking for help maybe im missing something? hope my ECU isn't fried. or something :(

EvilEvolution8

Postby EvilEvolution8 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:14 am

strange, check the voltage regulator in your alternator.
in the past...the only evo that i saw running 17v was an evo with voltage regulator broken.

Return to “Elite Series”