Trigger system errors - 04 Cobra

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
04WhippleCobra

Trigger system errors - 04 Cobra

Postby 04WhippleCobra » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:12 am

I have installed the Elite 2500 plug-n-play kit in my 04 cobra have loaded the preset base map. Upon firing engine, it surges until it dies a few seconds later and I have recurring DTC's P1300 and P1302 setting every time I start the engine. In the diagnostics tab, trigger system error count rapidly increases as engine is running. I can run it for 10 seconds or so and have up to 90 errors. As far as I can tell all the trigger and home settings are set correctly in this base map. I know the cam and crank sensors and wiring harness are good as I can disconnect to patch harness and plug back in my factory ECU and the car will start and run perfectly. Plug the Haltech back in parallel with the factory ECU an it goes back to the same.

Any ideas on what is going wrong here?

04WhippleCobra

Re: Trigger system errors - 04 Cobra

Postby 04WhippleCobra » Tue May 01, 2018 2:45 am

I figured it ou and wanted to post back in case anybody else has the same issue. In the basemap for 99-04 mustang that comes in the ESP software it has the Home Trigger ground reference set to "disabled". It need to be changed to "enabled" as only one side of the Cam sensor is wired to the Elite in the plug-n-play harness.

Quicksand_Jesus

Re: Trigger system errors - 04 Cobra

Postby Quicksand_Jesus » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:23 pm

Thanks for the update. I'm ordering my Elite 2500 plug n play for my 2003 Cobra. I've been looking at the basemap and I don't see any information on the stock returnless system. Do you use the returnless system on your setup by chance?

Return to “Elite Series”