Elite 2500 on EZ30r turbo

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
atracey555

Elite 2500 on EZ30r turbo

Postby atracey555 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:05 pm

The EZ30 looks to have 2 solenoids per camshaft, an 'oil flow control solenoid valve' and 'oil switching solenoid valve'. The base map for the EZ30 is setup as 1 solenoid per Camshaft. Do I just wire both to the same wire assigned to the cam output?

Also, what do I wire the OEM VVL Diagnosis Oil Pressure Switches to??

Thanks

Drwaffles

Re: Elite 2500 on EZ30r turbo

Postby Drwaffles » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:26 am

I've just put a 2500 in my 07 3.0R, but did it in parallel to the stock ecu (Still no cruise control on elite)
Oil flow is for the AVCS control solenoids and oil switching is for the AVLS (Variable valve lift) system.
You need to wire the solenoids all separately. If you don't have any mechanical or electrical background I'd advise against tackling it yourself, but not my money :P

Personally, I left the oil pressure diag sensors off. I think it's just a cross check system that tells the stock ECU if the AVLS system is working or not.
You'd be better off investing in a proper oil pressure sensors and hooking that up instead.

Do your self a favour and make a spreadsheet with the elite pinouts you've chosen and which wire/pin on the stock loom that it will be paired to.
My colours and pins may differ depending on year and model, get a wiring diagram :)

Return to “Elite Series”