Base map wiring diagrams

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
ushernat

Base map wiring diagrams

Postby ushernat » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:33 am

I'm swapping from a EJ251 to EZ30 in my rally car and starting from the EZ30 Liberty base map included with the Haltech ESP software. Is there an associated wiring diagram for the base maps somewhere? A mapping of Elite pins to factory ECU pins or even something that listed the connections with factory harness wire colors would be very helpful.

I have most of it figured out, but would like to check a few things that I'm not sure of. In particular, the pins for AVCS and AVLS are things that weren't on my old motor and the names in the base map don't quite match up with what I'm seeing on the wiring diagram for my motor.

ushernat

Re: Base map wiring diagrams

Postby ushernat » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:20 am

It looks like I asked for help too soon. I think I figured it out on my own now. If wiring diagrams for the base map exist I wouldn't mind checking my wiring vs those, but I think I'm ok without them.

blakebonkofsky

Postby blakebonkofsky » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:28 pm

It's not a full diagram per say, but if you open up the Main Setup menu, then click "View I/O Report" at the bottom, it will give a pinout of the ECU in it's current configuration.

ushernat

Postby ushernat » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:05 am

I'm familiar with that report, but it's not what I'm looking for. Since the base map was made for a specific car/motor, I was hoping whoever made the base map also documented the factory wire harness colors as well. The wire colors shown in the I/O report don't match the factory wiring harness colors. I think they are for the Haltech universal wire-in harness.

JimKden

Postby JimKden » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:43 am

You are asking for much more than Haltech is responsible for. Haltech will only take it to the interface between their scope of supply and your car. If you want the wire colors for your car, get them from the car's mfr documentation and trace out the circuits.

ushernat

Postby ushernat » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:44 am

I realize they're not responsible for this, but obviously whoever made the base map did have that information. I was just curious if it was documented and available somewhere. It would be nice to cross check their wiring diagram with mine to make sure I didn't mess something up before I put my harness in the car and power it up.

Drwaffles

Postby Drwaffles » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:53 am

The wiring colours and pinouts change regularly between model years let alone different models.
They can't do that for every car it's not their job to supply that information. I found my 07 Liberty EZ30 diagram online, even still I manually confirmed with a continuity check that each wire went to what they said it did.
I originally got my diagram through VACC client support, and even theirs was wrong.

None the less, this is what they used. But it's a guide, not a guarantee!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3C0lM ... sp=sharing

ushernat

Postby ushernat » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:25 am

Thanks, that diagram is exactly what I was looking for. I'll use that as another check tonight after I finish my harness tonight.

To be clear, I understand that wiring diagrams change every model year; I have factory wiring diagrams for every model year of the car. I was merely asking if the diagram you linked was available or not.

Return to “Elite Series”