Firmware 2.27 - Auto V.E. Air Temp Compensation

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
Slash200

Firmware 2.27 - Auto V.E. Air Temp Compensation

Postby Slash200 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:25 am

Hello,

the Changelog of the firmware says the following:

Load - Normalised Air Flow channel added:
- The amount of air mass flow as a percentage of the mass of air which would be drawn in if the volumetric efficiency was 100%, air temperature was 25 degrees Celcius, and air pressure was 101.3 kPa.
- Full throttle on a naturally aspirated engine will typically give values between 90% and 100%.
- Forced induction engines will have values above 100% when on boost.
- Auto V.E. Air Temp Compensation should be turned on for V.E. tuning. <--- This is whats interesting

But Matt said in the forum in an older thread: viewtopic.php?t=13656
"It is there for legacy support for older ECU models if you are importing maps. Details are in the Help."

Now I'm a bit confused how to handle my temp correctiosn on my car using VE Model.

regards
Bastian

Spadam9

Re: Firmware 2.27 - Auto V.E. Air Temp Compensation

Postby Spadam9 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:40 pm

Yes please more info would be great, I had my auto air temp comp turned off too.

Mobne_s13

Postby Mobne_s13 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:08 am

I want to know as well. Think mine is on...

Slash200

Postby Slash200 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:59 pm

@Haltech Support

Could you please answer to this? It's a bit confusing how the V.E. Air Temp Compensation should be used.

EvilEvolution8

Postby EvilEvolution8 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Haltech tech support via forum is horrible. LinkECU and MoTeC are much step over...for this and others reason Haltech will lose much users with time passing

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:25 pm

Unless you have a Ford Barra plug in ECU where Normalised Air Flow is used for Torque mapping for ZF Auto control then this setting does not affect you. Even so it is a suggestion only (the word should was used).

You always have the option to either use or not use a function. If you have manually mapped your air temp correction then leave it off. If you have accurate mapped the coolant temp bias then you are more than welcome to turn the auto correction on. Entirely up to you as the tuner of the vehicle.

If you feel you are hard done by with staff answering questions on the forum I will repeat what has been said so many times before. The forum is for users to talk to each other. If you need help with something related to your ECU you can call us and fix it immediately over the phone around 20 hours a day, you can email, you can use the contact form, you can facebook, you can youtube, you can send smoke signals, post a letter, come to reception in person, or even teleport to this room and we will help. Sometimes we are just too busy helping people to be everwhere but I wont apologize for that.

Return to “Elite Series”