Lowest Injector impedance and max amps.

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
admaw11

Lowest Injector impedance and max amps.

Postby admaw11 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:10 pm

I'm having issues with my current ECU and driving low impedance injectors, and am considering upgrading to an Elite 550 for this reason.

Can people confirm how the Elite series ecu performs when driving low impedance injectors eg. 2.2ohms which is what my 800cc injectors are.

The EMS ecu I'm using says it can only allow 4amps max per injector channel, and I think it is current-limiting which causes a misfire when up in the revs on boost. If I use a resistor, or wire the injectors in series, I don't get the same bad misfire at high rpm, but get very poor response - which I think is the injectors not getting enough current.

I called EMS, and the guy explained they actually recommend using high impedance injectors, which surprised me.

So i'm looking for confirmation that new haltech ecus can successfully run low impedance injectors in sequential mode, even if they draw 6amps or more, although if its "peak and hold" for low imp. ones its probably much less current.

And is it normal to use injectors with as low as 2.2ohms or are most people using high impedance injectors?
With side feed injectors that I need, it looks like most of the larger cc ones are low impedance

Engine: Toyota 4age 20v turbo on E85.

Adam

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Lowest Injector impedance and max amps.

Postby HaltechMatthew » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:37 pm

The Elite series will drive up to 8A per driver.

What injectors are they? Siemens 2200s?

Return to “Elite Series”