DBW Traction Control

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
redcycle13

DBW Traction Control

Postby redcycle13 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:25 am

I'm working on dialing in traction control on a high horsepower fox mustang with a Procharged LS7 engine. As you can imagine putting this power down on the street is difficult. I've started by implementing a generic timing correction that starts pulling timing as wheel slip is encountered with the intention of keeping the car from cutting cylinders. It seems that I am either not pulling enough timing (but I am already pulling quite a lot), or this is just not an effective way to keep the car from reaching the cylinder cut threshold. So I have been toying around with the idea of limiting the throttle body opening percentage based on wheel slip. I was hoping someone had used this strategy effectively, and could provide some input on whether the DBW is fast enough to catch accelerating wheel slip. In other words if I started closing the throttle body at 6% wheel slip along with already pulling timing if that might be enough to keep the cylinder cut from happening at 12% wheel slip. I know every car will be different based on amount of traction available, and the power your trying to harness, but some thoughts on the subject would be nice.

I have seen on a supra forum where this was being used, but it didn't provide much detail.

Mobne_s13

Re: DBW Traction Control

Postby Mobne_s13 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:03 pm

Im really sure Bmw use this strategy on their Oem engines.

Should work well. But I have no clue if Haltech’s software can do it atm.
You can do a lot with the generic tables. See if it works and if it does let us know :)

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: DBW Traction Control

Postby HaltechMatthew » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:30 pm

Map your MaxDBW table over wheel slip. Works for NA or supercharged engines. Works not so well with turbo cars as it stalls the turbo and you need to respool. Ignition cuts are usually much faster and work better.

Return to “Elite Series”