Sensors reading incorrectly HELP

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
Bennie77

Sensors reading incorrectly HELP

Postby Bennie77 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:31 pm

I’m running a gearbox temp sensor using the haltech HT 010360 sensor and it is currently reading -30C. I have avi6 configured and have read elsewhere this is configured for narrowband sensors without a pull-up.
Will I need to run a different input? This could be a problem as I don’t have much left or is there something else I can do/check?
All I have left is SPI4

Also running the factory bf falcon Cyl head temp sensor and it is reading -20C, this is configured with avi8 with pull up enabled?
I have uploaded the bf falcon calibration.

HaltechAdam
Haltech Staff

Re: Sensors reading incorrectly HELP

Postby HaltechAdam » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:03 pm

Temp sensors require a pull up avi6 does not have an internal pullup you will need to either fit an external pull up ( 1K resistor to 5v) or change inputs.

The ford cylinder head temperature sensor calibration is a calibration setup specifically for the Pro plugin which uses a 10K internal pullup.
I would move the CHT sensor over to your free SPI and turn on the pull up which is a 10K an see if you calibration looks better.
I would then use the avi8 for your gearbox sensor and hopefully all will be good :)

Bennie77

Re: Sensors reading incorrectly HELP

Postby Bennie77 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:50 am

Thanks mate, I’ll give it a go

Checking through my other sensors iv got the other narrowband o2 set as an oil pressure sensor, I’m just using a generic sensor 0-5v and is just showing 0psi so far (haven’t got the engine started yet). Will this also need a pull up? If so I may need to fit it externally, does this just go in line?

Return to “Elite Series”