elite 2500 wiring

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
ouikikazz

elite 2500 wiring

Postby ouikikazz » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:20 am

i'm laying out my wiring for my 300zx and elite 2500 on paper before i go and buy the appropriate stuff

now i've figured out most already:

main connector has an extra avi for MAP
second connector has extra avi fuel pressure and a spi for flex fuel
aux connector has extra avis for oil pressure and oil temp

IO box has 4 avi's for my ait sensors (1 before and after IC on each side so 4 sensors 4 ait)
IO box has 2 DPOs for my fuel pumps

i'm missing an AVI for the trim module i want to install... i was wondering can the trim module be installed on a SPI to control boost or does it have to go on an AVI ?

o and which one is the proper knob? HT-010504 or HT-010506 is there a difference?

blakebonkofsky

Re: elite 2500 wiring

Postby blakebonkofsky » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:03 am

Trim modules can go on SPI's, I've done this on cars that did not have any spare AVI's available.

The 010504 module is a 12 position knob. I've never used the older style, and can't find any documentation on it besides a basic wiring diagram. I'm not sure if it has set positions or is just a variable knob. If you just want boost control, I'd go with the 504.

ouikikazz

Postby ouikikazz » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:13 am

blakebonkofsky wrote:Trim modules can go on SPI's, I've done this on cars that did not have any spare AVI's available.

The 010504 module is a 12 position knob. I've never used the older style, and can't find any documentation on it besides a basic wiring diagram. I'm not sure if it has set positions or is just a variable knob. If you just want boost control, I'd go with the 504.

Any difference in spi or avi really? What else can I wire to spi?

blakebonkofsky

Postby blakebonkofsky » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:39 am

ouikikazz wrote:
blakebonkofsky wrote:Trim modules can go on SPI's, I've done this on cars that did not have any spare AVI's available.

Any difference in spi or avi really? What else can I wire to spi?

SPIs are the only inputs that can handle pulsed inputs like speed sensors, but they can also do any 0-5v analog input as well. I believe the pullup resistor value is different on the SPIs, so be careful if you use it for a temperature sensor. Note that this differs from the DPI on the IO12 boxes, as those cannot handle analog signals.

Return to “Elite Series”