Wiring in my 1500. Relay and fuse questions.

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
LotusEsprit1000

Wiring in my 1500. Relay and fuse questions.

Postby LotusEsprit1000 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:48 pm

I am doing this for the first time and documenting it so there are no more questions about this process. I can also share the map I am building of the wiring. I do believe any idiot with a pad pen voltmeter and heat shrink can build a harness.

For relay 1 : I have a 10 amp fuse feeding pins 30 and 85 yes? dpo 6 is the ground for the electromagnetic solonoid yes?
Also The relay I have is 40A is that ok?

12 V ignition input... Eh... Uhh.... No fuse? I have a 10 pin fuse block. I could totally use unless its not needed.

What else should I fuse if anything?

blakebonkofsky

Re: Wiring in my 1500. Relay and fuse questions.

Postby blakebonkofsky » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:55 am

Yes to all questions on Relay 1

As far as ignition input goes, IMO, all power connections should be fused, even if the diagram from Haltech doesn't show one. The Ignition Switch input doesn't draw much current, so a 5amp fuse should be plenty.

LotusEsprit1000

Re: Wiring in my 1500. Relay and fuse questions.

Postby LotusEsprit1000 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:38 am

Thanks, I got the answers for the relay a while ago. Also its in the manual... Clearer on the black one. I have my injection breakout done but now I am at the point where I think I am going to get a fast disconnect for the Hot side of the injector loom. Saves me a lot of PITA when going to remove the loom. The idea is that everything unclips unlike factory where its all wound in tight. I am also leaving final assembly until the motor is in just incase I need to make the harness longer.

I did get the basic harness. Have not even opened it. I mainly got it for extra wire and the connectors. LOL. Now I am kicking myself for not buying 4 pin deutsch connectors. I got 2 12s but that only covers the engine side.

Also I am sure I will be asking many more simple questions as I am literally diving into this for the first time. Just the injector breakout and the harness lead took 5 hours between planning rescearch and building. ( It is waterproof and light :D)

Return to “Elite Series”