Transient Throttle

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
AL4SPN

Transient Throttle

Postby AL4SPN » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:49 am

Hi All,

I have a elite 1500 with WBC running a Mazda BP 1.8L engine, using Toyota ITBs and a BMW throttle actuator for DBW.
I have my car up and running using the MX5 base map fuel and Ignition maps(same engine)

The problem I am having is when I give it some gas the tune goes very lean and doesn't rev, if I roll on the throttle slowly the car will rev tho still not very well, but once its revving it seems alot better.

From my research I believe this is because the Transient Throttle settings are not correct and then further complicated by have ITBs

Is anyone able to share some knowledge around how to set this up correctly or let me know if I am barking up the wrong tree.
Can supply the map if that helps anyone

Cheers
Chris

Drwaffles

Re: Transient Throttle

Postby Drwaffles » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:10 pm

Transient throttle is more meant correct fast throttle angle changes.
I would suspect you have other issues if you've got a lean situation even at light throttle delta.

The map would help.
How have you setup the fuel load axis?
With ITB's you pretty much need to use alpha-N (throttle position) not MAP.

AL4SPN

Re: Transient Throttle

Postby AL4SPN » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:00 am

Thanks for the reply, I did some more reading and had a play with some of the transient throttle values and it seems better, but I try will changing the fuel load type to TPS and see of that makes a difference,

Pretty new to the whole tuning aspect so learning as I am going, am really only trying to get it running well enough i can do some light load drives to confirm everything it working well enough to get a real tuner to tune it.

Attached is the map i am currently using.
AL4SPN - GOOD ELITE DEFAULT_20181010-183645.zip
(42.45 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

Cheers

Return to “Elite Series”