Throttle pump question??

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
T-Bird24

Throttle pump question??

Postby T-Bird24 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:38 am

G'day
quick question, if i am using TPS as load sensing. do i need to switch on throttle pump setup. or is this just for MAP load sensing. Because of the faster air charge in the inlet port at lower RPM that a MAP can not read correctly.

Drwaffles

Re: Throttle pump question??

Postby Drwaffles » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:26 pm

Check the AFR during transient conditions and that'll tell you. If it spikes lean before returning to the correct values or hesitates then enable it.
If it's fine, don't bother.
I can say that the Delphi Harley ECU's still have acceleration enrichment and enleanment and they're Alpha-N based (Throttle)

T-Bird24

Postby T-Bird24 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Drwaffles wrote:Check the AFR during transient conditions and that'll tell you. If it spikes lean before returning to the correct values or hesitates then enable it.
If it's fine, don't bother.
I can say that the Delphi Harley ECU's still have acceleration enrichment and enleanment and they're Alpha-N based (Throttle)

its pretty rich sitting at 12.5 AFR at 1250 RPM on 3.2% TPS load. Throttle pumps are turned on at the moment. once i lift and hold the RPM at 1500 5% TPS load the engine start to rev up and down while blowing a lot of black fuel smoke. The idle is good at 14.5 AFR at 850 RPM on 0% TPS load.

Drwaffles

Postby Drwaffles » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:48 pm

Personally.. I'd be turning off acceleration enrichment for the minute.
Then I'd make sure your base fuel table is at least partially accurate (it sounds quite a way off at the moment) and work from there.

To keep things simple for now, set your entire target AFR table to say 13:1 and adjust your base fuel table until it's at least in the ballpark.
If your base fuel table is good, then you can later see if acceleration enrichment is required.
Do you have the wideband plugged into the haltech? (Can you setup closed loop fuel control)

T-Bird24

Postby T-Bird24 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:19 am

Drwaffles wrote:Personally.. I'd be turning off acceleration enrichment for the minute.
Then I'd make sure your base fuel table is at least partially accurate (it sounds quite a way off at the moment) and work from there.

To keep things simple for now, set your entire target AFR table to say 13:1 and adjust your base fuel table until it's at least in the ballpark.
If your base fuel table is good, then you can later see if acceleration enrichment is required.
Do you have the wideband plugged into the haltech? (Can you setup closed loop fuel control)

ok thank you for the advice. I will turn off the throttle enrichment for now. and no my AFR gauge is not plugged into the haltech. i am using open loop fuel control.

Return to “Elite Series”