Inverted DPO function

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
azfiveoh

Inverted DPO function

Postby azfiveoh » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:43 pm

Is it possible to invert a DPO with the Elite? The Platinum series box had a check box associated with each DPO allowing for inverted operation. I don't see that option available for the Elite. Am I looking in the wrong place or has that functionality been removed? Thanks for any help.

Drwaffles

Re: Inverted DPO function

Postby Drwaffles » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:55 pm

Can you clarify what you mean?
I'm assuming you mean you want it "Normally open" instead of "Normally closed" or something along those lines.
Or do you mean you want to supply 12V instead of earthing the signal?
Relays are a good way to get around NO/NC situations, and they add a layer of protection.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:25 pm

High or Low state. High is inverted.

azfiveoh

Postby azfiveoh » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:14 am

Thanks for the replies. To clarify, I am trying to keep the relay in a normally open state vs a normally closed state. Simply, I want the ECU to remove the ground to the relay when specific conditions are met.

I had incorrectly presumed that high state would provide a 12v trigger and low state would provide a ground trigger.

While I generally try to avoid using 12v triggers from the ECU, is the Elite capable of provide a 12v trigger to a relay given that low state is normally closed and high state is normally open?

azfiveoh

Postby azfiveoh » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:36 am

Drwaffles wrote:Relays are a good way to get around NO/NC situations, and they add a layer of protection.

It just occurred to me what you were trying to tell me here. I guess it would be just as easy to move a pin on the relay harness and keep the DPO in a low state.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:43 am

You can also use a relay with an 87 and 87A pin. The 87A is inverted in its output from 87.

Return to “Elite Series”