Trouble assigning connection for DBW TPS

Questions about the Elite Software Programmer? Ask here.
Coupe 2020

Trouble assigning connection for DBW TPS

Postby Coupe 2020 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:07 am

Hello,
For some reason I am unable to assign AVI 10 (TPS) to the DBW/ TPS 1 in ESP. It only gives options for 1-8. What could be the issue here? How do I get this done? Can I use the TPS wire for the TPS :roll:

blakebonkofsky

Re: Trouble assigning connection for DBW TPS

Postby blakebonkofsky » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:10 am

I don't remember the exact reasoning, but Matt posted in the recent past that AVI 1-8 are the only valid inputs for DBW. Something to do with the way the safeties are setup on DBW. I would just move the TPS inputs to the other AVIs and use 9 and 10 for things like air temp or coolant temp.

Coupe 2020

Postby Coupe 2020 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:18 am

blakebonkofsky wrote:I don't remember the exact reasoning, but Matt posted in the recent past that AVI 1-8 are the only valid inputs for DBW. Something to do with the way the safeties are setup on DBW. I would just move the TPS inputs to the other AVIs and use 9 and 10 for things like air temp or coolant temp.

Thank you for your reply, this was my initial thought that I hoped was wrong. I found it to be a bit comical and frustrating at the same time because it is the TPS input but can't be used on DBW TPS! If that is the case it probably should have been noted somewhere. Preferably before the entire harness was terminated and painstakingly sleeved etc. It is footnoted on the diagram that AVI 10 (TPS*)"* Recommended function allocation but not limited to". That might be a good location to note what it as well as AVI 9 cannot be used for. If this turns out to be true I could disassemble the entire harness and splice my brand new premium harness to swap one AVI wire with another. Or I could swap pins at the ecu connector and make notation on my diagram of the change......What do you suggest?

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:45 pm

We are actually locking it down to only allow AVI2 to AVI5 to be used for DBW. Not all AVI's are identical but these are and it eliminates potential issues if these are used.

Coupe 2020

Postby Coupe 2020 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:18 am

HaltechMatthew wrote:We are actually locking it down to only allow AVI2 to AVI5 to be used for DBW. Not all AVI's are identical but these are and it eliminates potential issues if these are used.

I just swapped pins on the ecu connectors so I am on AVI 2,3,4,&5 with TPS and DBW.

Return to “Elite Software Programmer (ESP)”