Boost Control Open Loop Base Output question

Questions about the Elite Software Programmer? Ask here.
scolberg

Boost Control Open Loop Base Output question

Postby scolberg » Sun May 27, 2018 4:45 am

I am just learning about my Haltech system and its tune. Can someone translate to me in simple terms how to interpret my boost control open loop base output table? I have attached a screen shot. For example what is the significance of the manifold pressure? What does the 75% translate to? Is that 75% of my maximum boost pressure? This is called duty cylce? Why would duty cycle in my table be set to drop to 20% when manifold pressure reaches a certain level? I have the 12 position dial and I am trying to figure what kind of boost pressure I will get when the 12 position dial is at the maximum setting. Does the dial setting override the base table? Or with the dial set to maximum will the boost be limited to 75% of its max because of the base table values my tuner set?
Attachments
Boost Control Open Loop Base Output.jpg

scolberg

Re: Boost Control Open Loop Base Output question

Postby scolberg » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:02 am

After a lot of reading, YouTube videos, talking to 2 tuners and HP Academy I got this figured out and much more. Kind of surprised I didn't get any replies on this forum. Lots of views though. I know the topic of my question might seem overly simple to everyone on here but we all start at ground zero. I am kind of disappointed in the lack of response I got on this forum. I thought this community of Elite owners would be much more active.

Hacktacular

Postby Hacktacular » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:33 am

Yes, I agree. I am learning myself and it seems the tuner scene is top secret on here. I just read until my eyes bleed and hope to learn as much as I can. I was going to respond but being so green, I didn't want to steer you wrong. The number represents duty cycle from 0 to 100 if I am not mistaken. Lower numbers here for me on a 3 port setup limit boost, higher numbers or more duty cycle increase boost. I am glad you made progress. Great job! I will respond next time even if I may not he 100% certain hoping others will chime in to correct me if I am wrong. Let me know if there is a better resource for info and I'll join you!

scolberg

Postby scolberg » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:00 am

HP Academy is awesome. Andre is incredibly easy to understand. I highly recommend them.

Return to “Elite Software Programmer (ESP)”