Engine displacement and VE

Questions about the Elite Software Programmer? Ask here.
Bjs299

Engine displacement and VE

Postby Bjs299 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:01 pm

Just got my car back from the tuners and they have tuned the car with 2.8ltrs entered into the engine displacement setting. My car is a 3ltr. Is there any problem changing this setting or should I leave it. It uses ve calculation.

Mobne_s13

Re: Engine displacement and VE

Postby Mobne_s13 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:18 am

I guess if you change it you would need a retune to be spot on.
Maybe the change will be small but in this case the best would be to leave it.

the_bluester

Postby the_bluester » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:31 am

The fuelling calculations would be out by the best part of 10% if you changed it, at least it would be on the safe side and richer than intended. It would also have some impacts if you changed other settings such as injector size or if you wanted to change the AFR at any point in the range as they have had to introduce error into the VE map or injector sizing or somewhere else to compensate for error in the engine size.

I would be asking them if they would fix the error and touch up the VE table to fix the tune to save yourself from potential hassles later on. Even if you have to pay for an hour's dyno time to fix it, it might be worthwhile unless the car is going to be "Set and forget" from now on and never touched again.

Bjs299

Postby Bjs299 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:34 am

Thanks for the replies. I will leave it for now then. Once a couple of upgrades are done I will get a re tune.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:05 am

If it was tuned with the incorrect displacement I would leave it alone. Changing it will change the calculated amount of fuel the ECU will try to deliver.

Return to “Elite Software Programmer (ESP)”