HSP ver 20, USB 3.0 and Win10 Stability Report

Questions about the Elite Software Programmer? Ask here.
03TIBE85

HSP ver 20, USB 3.0 and Win10 Stability Report

Postby 03TIBE85 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:18 am

Hiya Everyone,

Anyone else experiencing ESP generating Stability Reports like below every time they connected to their Elite EMS? I am running Windows 10 Home on a tablet with a USB 3.0 port and every single time I initially connect to my Elite 2500 it generates the below report. Its not a big problem in itself but every now and then the ESP software will lose an input device at the same time. I know its not the EMS itself as it continues to function as normal even though ESP reports it's missing a coolant temp sensor or one of my wideband sensors.

Things I have tried:

1. Reinstalled Windows
2. Reinstalled ESP software multiple times
3. Reinstalled FTDI serial port drivers
4. Mucked around with port speed settings
5. Used new USB cable
6. Running program as Administrator

Any other ideas?

Stability report:
Haltech Haltech ESP Version: 1.2.00.20.0 Stability Report
Date: 11/17/2016
Time: 5:42 AM

###############################################################

Handled: True
Critical: True

Source: ESP
Msg: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack:
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Core.PortFunction.LaunchErrorSearch(InputChannel descSetting, String& message)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Core.PortFunction.UpdateErrorData(InputChannel desc, Int32& level)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Core.PortFunction.ModifyErrors(InputChannel desc)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Core.PortFunction.descSetting_TempValueChanged(Object sender, ChannelValuesEventArgs e)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Core.InputChannel.m_setting_TempValueChanged(Object source, ChannelValuesEventArgs eventArgs)
at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Core.ECUMap.Settings.Setting.OnSelectedProfileTempValueChanged(ChannelValuesEventArgs args)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Core.ECUMap.Settings.Setting.SelectedProfile_ValueChanged(Object sender, VolumeChangedEventArgs args)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Core.ECUMap.Settings.DataSource.EndWrite()
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Core.ECUMap.Settings.DataSource.m_rawSource_DataChanged(Object sender, RawBufferChangedEventArgs e)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Core.ECUMap.Settings.RawSource.OnDataChanged(RawBufferChangedEventArgs args)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Core.ECUMap.Settings.RawSource.Write(Int32 index, Byte[] data, Int32 dataIndex, Int32 dataLength, Boolean ignoreEvent, Boolean forceEvent)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Core.ECUMap.Settings.RawSource.Write(Byte[] data)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Core.ECUMap.Settings.Setting.Validate(DataSource ds, ReturnStatus status, Byte[] value)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Core.ECUMap.Settings.Setting.Validate(ProfileIndex profile, ReturnStatus status, Byte[] value)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Core.ECUMap.Settings.SettingsValidator.ProfileValidator.ValidateTask.Execute()
at com.Haltech.GenericLibrary.Tools.Task.BeginExecute()

JimKden

Re: HSP ver 20, USB 3.0 and Win10 Stability Report

Postby JimKden » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:31 am

Been doing that for a long time with just about any version of Windows. I have laptops with XP and Ver 7 and that shows up on the first connect of the day. All versions of ESP and firmware that I have been using since 12/2012 do the same.

03TIBE85

Postby 03TIBE85 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:37 am

That's very frustrating to say the least!! I was planning on integrating my tablet into my dash but the constant stability report and how long it takes ESP to fully load would drive me crazy.. :(

03TIBE85

Postby 03TIBE85 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:20 am

Ok I really need some help from haltech on this! I just bought a new Tablet with win10 Home 32 bit with a fresh install of the ESP ver 20 software. This new laptop has a type c USB port and I'm getting the exact same error as my old tablet. Again I tried a new USB cable. This point to a potential problem with either the Elite 2500 and USB 3.0 and 3.1. Can anyone at Halted confirm or deny this issue? Most new laptops and tablets are using USB 3.0 ports so this could be a major issue.

onfire

Postby onfire » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:12 pm

I kept having problems and had to into Windows 10, USB Serial Converter Properties, Advanced and check the box for : LOAD VCP

So far so good. PITA to figure it out. Using 3.0 also.

Return to “Elite Software Programmer (ESP)”