Approx injection time determination

Questions about the Elite Software Programmer? Ask here.
the_bluester

Approx injection time determination

Postby the_bluester » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:14 pm

Is there any way to see in ESP what the approximate injection time will be at a particular load cell when using a VE tune? I am roughing out a map for my race car, to which I will be fitting an Elite 2500 to replace a well aged E11. I have the fuel and ignition tables available from the E11 for comparison.

I can plug in the ignition map quite easily by just manually entering the values from the previous load points (Subtracting a couple of degrees for safety until the car goes back on the dyno) but I want to use a VE based tune this time around where the E11 was obviously not capable of that. Is there any function which allows a VE load cell to be selected and the approx injection time that will result (assuming no corrections are in play) to be seen? That would allow me to build a pretty accurate VE map based on the cars previous tune, with the same (but opposite) safety factor applied by increasing the VE percentage a bit until the car is re dynoed.

mantrx7

Re: Approx injection time determination

Postby mantrx7 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:49 pm

Cant you just enter the map in "injecton time" fuel mode and flick it to VE mode after?

Regardless its the AFR map that will take precedence (correct)

the_bluester

Postby the_bluester » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:49 pm

I just checked and it is not designed to translate that way. If you change to an injection time tune and enter a silly value in a cell then flick back to VE the figures translate more or less directly.

I.E. a VE of 50% in cells around the idle region changes to 0.5ms injection time, 32ms injection time changes to 320% VE. Looks like the values stored in the table remain the same regardless of what you set (VE or injection time) just the scaling is different.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:54 pm

The maths is very different so you cannot change from one method to the other. Injection Time does not care about any paramaters, VE looks at many.

For all the time spent trying to calculate it, simply re-tuning is the best and quickest way to get a result.

the_bluester

Postby the_bluester » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:46 pm

No problem thanks, since then I have thought closely about using a MAF based tune on the car but handy to know that there is no way to see what an approx output would be, other software I have seen provides an approximation of what the injection time would be for a cell but given it would only be a rough out, as you say, simpler to just put it on the trailer and get it tuned.

Return to “Elite Software Programmer (ESP)”