Process for Creating Base Fuel MAP

Questions about the Elite Software Programmer? Ask here.
mack85n

Process for Creating Base Fuel MAP

Postby mack85n » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:20 pm

Can anyone help me with a link or Help guide with creating a base fuel MAP of injection duration from the start.

I'm new to EFI tuning of Un-programmed ECU's and have only ever used PnP units or re-flashed existing ECU's.

I can calculate the injection duration based on Mass Air Flow from Engine CI at a given RPM, required fuel mass and maximum fuel mass from Injector size. Just looking for that extra information on how to create a base fuel Map as a starting point to get the car running and tune it.

Cheers

onfire

Re: Process for Creating Base Fuel MAP

Postby onfire » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:25 am

Your dealer should provide you a starter tune. Are you going to use the VE table as the base ? If you are not comfortable creating a "plug" tune on your own I would highly suggest having an experienced tuner help you so nothing gets damaged. If you are experienced, then you could easily put in 12 degrees of timing, a 40 in the idle cells and get the engine started after you put in all of the engine, injector, etc parameters. Good luck.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Process for Creating Base Fuel MAP

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:06 pm

Start with the default map. It is set up so that 99% of cars will run first go without having to touch it, and it is in the shape that most tunes should end up looking like. Then when it is running you can start fine tuning.

Return to “Elite Software Programmer (ESP)”