Launch Control Bogging Issue

Questions about the Elite Software Programmer? Ask here.
rpt109

Launch Control Bogging Issue

Postby rpt109 » Sat May 27, 2017 10:39 am

Running a B series Honda, Elite 1500.

Launch control will not allow us to build boost. It worked previously, but now that we're at the track, it's sputtering as soon as the car begins to build boost.

If I get below 10 degrees advance in the ignition tables, the car just bogs and won't rev cleanly. It will only build 1-2psi. Previously, the car built up to 14-15psi on 2 step and would allow me to run all the way down to -15 degrees and would pop cleanly on the launch limit.

I understand a datalog would help, but I don't have one currently. I'm just wondering if this is something that has happened to anyone else, because as I mentioned the car was running fine one day, and not working now, with no changes. Runs wonderful otherwise.

rpt109

Re: Launch Control Bogging Issue

Postby rpt109 » Sat May 27, 2017 10:41 am

I should also mention, changing from ignition to injection cut has no effect, also soft to hard cut. Limiter sounds exactly the same and performs exactly the same

blakebonkofsky

Postby blakebonkofsky » Sun May 28, 2017 5:04 am

Can you post the map?

quattrors4

Postby quattrors4 » Tue May 30, 2017 6:00 am

didn't haltech say that with the latest update you need to revise your settings for launch control?

rpt109

Postby rpt109 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:51 am

Well, resolved the issue. I posted on here out of desperation thinking I was overlooking something. Here's what we found:

The car has a forward facing turbo setup, so It gets its air to the compressor through a hole in the front bumper cover. The bumper is otherwise completely closed. The turbo inlet sits about 3 inches behind the bumper cover, so there is some dead space between the hole and the turbo inlet. The downpipe on this car comes out of the turbo, points down to the ground and opens. There's no turn, no side exit, just down, and hits the ground. When the car was tuned at the shop a couple weeks back and the 2 step was setup, it didn't have the bumper cover on it and there wasn't an issue. But with the cover on, when the car would get up on the 2 step and begin building 1-2psi, the dead space behind the bumper would trap all of that exhaust gas and the turbo would begin sucking it back up. So we had a massive EGR effect going and stalling the engine lol.. Either way, it's fixed, and I've moved on to trying to figure out why traction control doesn't work worth a shit using the PID tuning.

CorrPerformance

Postby CorrPerformance » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:48 am

Good 2 read that you got it sorted out.

Did you fix the PID issues you mentioned at the end?
Corr Performance Tuning
EFI-101 Graduate 7-16-05
HALTECH & AEM EMS Factory Trained / Cobb / Unichip
Image Image Image

Return to “Elite Software Programmer (ESP)”