Low PW Compensation

Questions about the Elite Software Programmer? Ask here.
Flat_Rate

Re: Low PW Compensation

Postby Flat_Rate » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:57 am

all these updates and still??

blakebonkofsky

Postby blakebonkofsky » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:49 pm

It was added in 2.27 FW and above, 3 months ago. You just need to update and enable the feature.

JimKden

Postby JimKden » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:38 am

blakebonkofsky wrote:It was added in 2.27 FW and above, 3 months ago. You just need to update and enable the feature.

Where is it located in ESP? I have 2.27 FW installed and 2.00.35 ESP, can't locate it.

blakebonkofsky

Postby blakebonkofsky » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:01 am

JimKden wrote:
blakebonkofsky wrote:It was added in 2.27 FW and above, 3 months ago. You just need to update and enable the feature.

Where is it located in ESP? I have 2.27 FW installed and 2.00.35 ESP, can't locate it.

Main Setup under the Fuel tab. I believe it's called "Short Pulse Width Adder" or something like that.

JimKden

Postby JimKden » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:38 am

Thank you. I am sure I looked for it, must have had my eyes closed!

Flat_Rate

Postby Flat_Rate » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:47 am

Am i not understanding this correctly??

The info i have from Injector dynamics is in MS vs a Percentage

Haltech table is MS vs MS it appears...

Any clues to how to change this up or convert the data to work with haltech?

Flat_Rate

Postby Flat_Rate » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:34 pm

Would it be correct to assume that its a percentage correction of time and not flow??

so say at .200MS its adding 88% ( like showed in OP)

so to convert to time would be .376MS?

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:45 am

You cant use percentage because it is not a percentage you are correcting for it is an accrued amount of full open flow injection time. Their data is not so useable in that format. At best you could say it is a percentage of that commanded injection time, do the sums, and enter that corrected injection time amount under that value.

To explain short pulse width correction in short, you are commanding a certain amount of fuel on the basis that the world is perfect. In reality the injectors do not crack open instantly. As the pintle begins moving some fuel flows between when you start to open and it opens fully, and when it starts to close and it closes fully and this is of course non-linear at not the true full open amount of flow. If we are commanding a very small amount of injection time that is lets say equal to this amount of time to open and close you obviously did not get the amount of fuel you asked for, you got much less because it is not in open flow. So this is what the table is for, to correct for the amount of time to compensate for the opening and closing of the injector when it is not linear in flow. Truth is this in in effect all of the time even it high injection time, just the amount if almost inconsequential to the tune.

The bigger question is how you find this data. The even shorter answer is you cant. Without having a flow test machine to measure it you are only guessing, but by guessing you will already get it closer to ideal operation than doing nothing at all.

So, fake it until you make it.

Return to “Elite Software Programmer (ESP)”