data log viewer

Questions about the Elite Software Programmer? Ask here.
Tysoncarr

data log viewer

Postby Tysoncarr » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:55 am

hey guys, I'm having a problem with my data log viewer.

drag race application
elite 2500 with 2.00.27
data log viewer with 1.1.1

iv downloaded data files from the computer after a run or dyno pull, made a new project in the data viewer without issues but for some reason that I just cant sort out I'm having problems with it now.
typical after I make a pass I open the playback in the ESP, make any changes I feel I need and when I'm done I close the playback and then download the playback to a file on the computer which I will open later in the data viewer for further review.

something has changed and this is not work for me anymore. when I open the file in the data log viewer I get basically just a straight line in the "data navigator" bar along the bottom. There is some small info I can find at the very start of the log but it isn't the run portion.
I found if I go to the veryyyyy end of the log I can find most of the run but the timer marker is over 12 hours and I have to zoom in a lot to find it due to the long time frame.
am I'm doing something wrong, or what setting do I have messed up?
data log reset timer or something, I need some help/verification. thanks in advance

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: data log viewer

Postby HaltechMatthew » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:48 pm

Just checking... if you open Datalog Viewer and go to Help / About. What is the extra digit at the end of the version. Our software guys like "1" and as such there is a v1.1.1.0 and v1.1.1.1

Tysoncarr

Postby Tysoncarr » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:56 pm

it is version 1.1.1.1

in my ESP program the datalog is set to record via trans brake input state is greater than or equal to 1
and the logger off delay is 20.000 seconds

is there some other setting I'm missing that is allowing it to record longer?
when I open a file in the data log viewer it says the file is 12 hours or longer, is getting very annoying.

anyway to add a second operation to be met to start recording? other then using a separate data log swtich?

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:58 pm

What firmware is the ECU on?

There were issues with time stamps in earlier version but have not seen this for a while.

You can log off a different channel, and you can usually record for 10 to 20 minutes. TPS is a more common one to record off as a trigger, say above 30%, or you can use the transbrake to start your race timer and use this as the logging trigger for greater than 0.

Tysoncarr

Postby Tysoncarr » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:58 am

like I mentioned in the first post the ecu software is 2.00.27

blakebonkofsky

Postby blakebonkofsky » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:17 pm

2.00.27 is the software version for ESP, not the ECU firmware. The newest firmware is 2.23.

Return to “Elite Software Programmer (ESP)”