Stability Reports

Questions about the Elite Software Programmer? Ask here.
Hacktacular

Stability Reports

Postby Hacktacular » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:41 am

I keep having stability issues with the software. It typically happens when I have the "follow" feature enabled and driving the vehicle. It happens just about every time.

This is happening without any user input at all. Just press "F" and drive.

Machine specs
Surface from 4
4GB ram
128gb ssd
Intel i5
2736x1824 resolution

Report #1

Haltech Haltech ESP Version: 1.2.00.28.0 Stability Report
Date: 10/11/2017
Time: 4:08 PM

###############################################################

Handled: True
Critical: False

Source: System
Msg: The port is closed.
Stack:
at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.get_BytesToRead()
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Core.SerialComs.CanInterface.ProcessIncoming(Int32 now)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Core.SerialComs.CanInterface.WriteLoop()

Critical: True

Source: mscorlib
Msg: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
Stack:
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.XPTable.Models.SquiggleModel.get_LastPoint()
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.XPTable.Models.Table.m_SquiggleModel_Invalidated(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.XPTable.Models.SquiggleModel.Invalidate()
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.XPTable.Models.Table.InternalInvalidate(Rectangle rect, Boolean contrl)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.XPTable.Models.Table.OnSelectionChanged(SelectionEventArgs e)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.XPTable.Models.TableModel.OnSelectionChanged(SelectionEventArgs e)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.XPTable.Models.TableModel.Selection.SelectCells(Int32 startRow, Int32 startColumn, Int32 endRow, Int32 endColumn)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.TextView.SetSelection(Rectangle selection)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.TextView.OnDataModelInvalidated(TableDataModelInvalidationMonitor monitor, Boolean invalidateNow)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.DisplaySupport.TableControls.TableControlBase.OnSelectionChanged(MapSelection selection)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.TextView.OnSelectionChanged(MapSelection selection)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.SwfUI.DisplaySupport.BaseMapControl.SelectionInformation_SelectionChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.SwfUI.MapSelection.OnSelectionChanged()
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.SwfUI.MapSelection.set_Selection(Rectangle value)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.SwfUI.MapSelection.SetToLoadRPMPoint()
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.SwfUI.Page.SetToEnginePoint()
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.SwfUI.Page.FollowEnginePointTask.Execute()
at com.Haltech.GenericLibrary.Tools.Task.BeginExecute()

Report #2

Date: 10/24/2017
Time: 8:53 PM

Source: TextView
Msg: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Stack:
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.XPTable.Models.TableModel.Selection.get_SelectedIndicies()
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.XPTable.Models.TableModel.Selection.SelectCells(Int32 startRow, Int32 startColumn, Int32 endRow, Int32 endColumn)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.TextView.SetSelection(Rectangle selection)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.TextView.OnDataModelInvalidated(TableDataModelInvalidationMonitor monitor, Boolean invalidateNow)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.DisplaySupport.TableControls.TableControlBase.OnSelectionChanged(MapSelection selection)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.TextView.OnSelectionChanged(MapSelection selection)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.SwfUI.DisplaySupport.BaseMapControl.SelectionInformation_SelectionChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Report #3

Date: 10/25/2017
Time: 7:09 AM

Source: mscorlib
Msg: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
Stack:
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.XPTable.Models.SquiggleModel.get_LastPoint()
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.XPTable.Models.Table.m_SquiggleModel_Invalidated(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.XPTable.Models.SquiggleModel.Invalidate()
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.XPTable.Models.Table.InternalInvalidate(Rectangle rect, Boolean contrl)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.XPTable.Models.Table.OnSelectionChanged(SelectionEventArgs e)
at com.Haltech.ECUManager.Displays.TextView.XPTable.Models.TableModel.OnSelectionChanged(SelectionEventArgs e)

RedLimitDom

Re: Stability Reports

Postby RedLimitDom » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:06 pm

I have had nothing but constant stability issues with the ESP software on multiple PCs. I use to data log my commute to work, and I would be lucky to get one or two data logs downloaded in a 40 min drive. I would have to re open ESP and re connect >5 times.

Many times the PCs would think the ecu was a mouse or something and it starts throwing windows all around the screen until I unplug it.

May not be helpful but just letting you know your not the only one, here to hoping there is some simple fix in the ESP software.
Dominick

03 Evo 8 (2.3L / 10.5:1 / Full Flex Fuel / 2500 Elite+CanExpander)

Hacktacular

Postby Hacktacular » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:00 pm

Yea, it's been months. Still happens. I keep sending the reports. I'll email them again.....

steven mckay

Postby steven mckay » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:11 am

i have also had these issues from time to time, more so on a HP system than the acer system i use. I have found that a powered, high quality shielded usb cable was the answer for me. occasionally i will still get the jumping windows on the HP, but not on the acer anymore.

Hacktacular

Postby Hacktacular » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:19 am

Steve, can you provide a link to the cable. I'll give it a shot while we wait for the developers to sort it out.

steven mckay

Postby steven mckay » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:59 am

i have used both of these cables and both work for me. My elite is mounted in the boot of a MR2, these cables are not affected by electrical noise.
hope this helps.

https://www.jaycar.com.au/usb-data-exte ... e/p/XC4839
https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/off ... m-cou3ae05

Hacktacular

Postby Hacktacular » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:06 pm

Hmm those are extension cables. I am not sure how that would help? Can you offer some explanation as to why this would help? I thought maybe a shielded cable from end to end was what you were referring to.

steven mckay

Postby steven mckay » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:32 pm

I have a mid engine mr2, the usb3 cable runs from boot, through noisy engine bay to drivers cab up front, the length of the cable run with a STANDARD usb2 cable would allow electrical noise to cause issues exactly as you are having. MY fix for MY issue was to replace the PASSIVE usb2 cable with an ACTIVE usb3 cable. I have no idea if this will help your issues, but it was the solution for mine. I would get software crashes, disconnections and the "jumping windows" effect. I log data for 2hrs and 200km per day with no drop outs now. Not all usb cables are the same, maybe try a very short cable and see if that helps your issues. If your coms issues are only a problem with engine running i would be looking at noise firstly. It would be difficult for haltech to assist with coms noise issues i would think.

Hacktacular

Postby Hacktacular » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:44 pm

I see. Well my ecu is located in the glove box and not much noise between the ecu and computer. I would just like some input from Haltech. It is apparent I am not alone here.

steven mckay

Postby steven mckay » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:47 pm

I should add that i have not been able to get MY haltech to communicate using usb3 ports on ANY of my laptops regardless of the type or quality of the cable used. I do not know why.

Hacktacular

Postby Hacktacular » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:50 pm

Hmm maybe that is strange. I have not experienced that.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:56 pm

Noise on the USB cable is a thing worth considering. I commonly use a cheap USB3.0 hub which acts as a filter and solves many of these issues on noisy vehicles. Most are fine, but once in a while I will come across a vehicle that needs this to allow clean communication.

The report at the top of the page seems to show a driver issue of some type. Our controller chip and the driver used are common off the shelf FTDI items.

Hacktacular

Postby Hacktacular » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:47 pm

This is not a noise issue IMO. It happens when the "F" key is enabled. The follow function where the box follows in fuel base map table. I will try a cable/hub. But even then, I think this needs to be addressed. I was told the developers were looking into it and then never heard back about this particular issue.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:25 pm

I know yours is not noise and is a software related issue, but there are many error reports from others that are. The actual error points to a loss of communication.

Hacktacular

Postby Hacktacular » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:48 pm

Thanks, that narrows it down.... lol. I guess I'll keep avoiding that dreaded F key because the communication issue only happens when using that function. Is this being looked at or worked on, or do I just give up? With all due respect, if the condition exists and is easily recreated I would think it could be corrected. Please advise if it is being looked in to or what the expectation is here...

Return to “Elite Software Programmer (ESP)”