Flex Fuel Sampling Threshold

Questions about the Elite Software Programmer? Ask here.
Aeroking

Flex Fuel Sampling Threshold

Postby Aeroking » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:50 pm

The Sampling Threshold parameters for the e85 sensor. Will the Elite hold the composition above these thresholds?

Assuming the only time composition should change would be during refueling when the engine is at low RPM, or off.

So the sampling thresholds can be set just above idle, and it will hold the composition percentage? Is that correct?
1991 GMC Syclone AWD - 4.3L turbo V6, 528awhp @ 19psi
- Elite 2500, CnP, Boost, Knock, IAC, FlexFuel, WBO2

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Flex Fuel Sampling Threshold

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:42 pm

Exactly that. It will stop sampling when those conditions are met, meaning it holds the last value.

It is there to prevent issues with aeration when people mount the sensor after the regulator and very little fuel is being returned.

Flat_Rate

Postby Flat_Rate » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:31 am

Defintaly something to watch for, when i was on the dyno starting to approach the limits of my fuel pumps the sensor was starting to read content erraticly (due to the lack of fuel being returned) which was throwing everything off. So good to datalog that sensor during pulls to make sure its on the up and up.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:41 pm

Just a note that the sensor should be placed in the pressure line as all OEMs that use this sensor do. I would not install it in the return line.

Flat_Rate

Postby Flat_Rate » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:36 pm

Wouldn't the sensor pose a restriction on the feed side? It's only like -6 Isn't it. I suppose on lower power setup it'd be ok.

Aeroking

Postby Aeroking » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:45 pm

Flat_Rate wrote:Wouldn't the sensor pose a restriction on the feed side? It's only like -6 Isn't it. I suppose on lower power setup it'd be ok.

Yes, i've had to move mine. I had my sensor pre-regulator stepping down from -8 to -6 for the sensor, and it created pressure problems. So i moved it into the return line, at the lowest point.
1991 GMC Syclone AWD - 4.3L turbo V6, 528awhp @ 19psi
- Elite 2500, CnP, Boost, Knock, IAC, FlexFuel, WBO2

Return to “Elite Software Programmer (ESP)”