350Z Platium PnP Injector Flow Rate Question...

Questions about the Platinum Pro Plug-in ECU's? Ask here.
03threefiftyz

350Z Platium PnP Injector Flow Rate Question...

Postby 03threefiftyz » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:47 pm

Quick question...why in the injector flow rate table is it referencing MAP? In most of the base maps supplied and found online it is simply a static number (single input, no referenced). Is this something that is different b/w the Elite and Platinum?

Tran251

Re: 350Z Platium PnP Injector Flow Rate Question...

Postby Tran251 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:21 am

I’m also wondering this. I’ve already entered in the injector dead times. But I noticed that I have a table for injector flow rate vs map pressure.
I have a full return system. ,
In the table of injector flow rate vs map, do I enter the injector flow rates based on 14v ?
I have id1000 injectors.

Tran251

Postby Tran251 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:19 pm

Found the answer. If anyone also wants to know injector flow rate table setting for 1:1 return regulators. It’s the injector flow rate at which you set the regulator at with the vacuum line removed. I set mine to 44psi plugged it back in. Set the table to my flow rate of 1040cc to the whole table. I got the info from injector dynamics. I just used the 14v @ 44 psi rating which comes out to 1040cc. For id1000
I felt so dumb when I found out how much I was overthinking it. :oops:

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:27 pm

I actually daily drive a 350Z.

You are correct, it needs to map the flow over MAP because the pressure that you actually see at the injector tip inside the inlet manifold is changing with manifold pressure, but the pressure in the rail on the other side of the injector is not. So the effective injector flow changes with manifold pressure and needs to be mapped accordingly. Even more so if you have forced induction as the flow will drop considerably with boost pressure.

03threefiftyz

Postby 03threefiftyz » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:19 pm

HaltechMatthew wrote:I actually daily drive a 350Z.

You are correct, it needs to map the flow over MAP because the pressure that you actually see at the injector tip inside the inlet manifold is changing with manifold pressure, but the pressure in the rail on the other side of the injector is not. So the effective injector flow changes with manifold pressure and needs to be mapped accordingly. Even more so if you have forced induction as the flow will drop considerably with boost pressure.

Matthew,

Is there a standard formula to get the specific inputs at a certain MAP position on the table? Or is it best just to use the supplied table for the 350z and calculate the percentage for larger injectors off of that? Thanks.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:33 pm

To get the data you need to simply flow test the injector at different pressures. The default data from the Pro is close enough that you are splitting hairs to make it any better.

Return to “Platinum Pro Plug-in”