E8 v6 only fires 3 injectors

dragonballspeed

E8 v6 only fires 3 injectors

Postby dragonballspeed » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:06 am

Hope someone can help confirm or my issue with the E8. Engine is a Mazda 2.5L v6 running 36-1 Monotronic crank sensor and NO cam sensor. Setup as wasted spark using HPI 6 for COP ignition, and semi-sequential injection paired 1-4, 2-5, & 3-6 using oem Mazda side feed 280cc 14 ohm injectors. Firing order is 1,2,3,4,5,6

I have good spark across all cylinders, get a consistent trigger count on the diagnostic trigger page, but only 3 of my injectors are opening (1, 2, & 6). Odd numbered cylinders on left bank, and even numbered cylinders on right bank. . I have done continuity test through all of the wiring, and all seems good. I believe my injectors are considered high impedance injectors because of the high resistance value (14 ohm). Is the E8 is not capable of operating 6 of this type of injectors when paired?

Can someone please help me diagnose the problem /reason that only 3 of 6 of my injectors are working? Needless to say, I'm stumped.

If I have interpreted anything incorrectly, please let me know. I appreciate the feedback.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: E8 v6 only fires 3 injectors

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:58 pm

You mention you have paired them so if one works the other has to work. Did you set the injector current to saturated to match your injectors?

Return to “E11v2/E8”