S14 rb neo not starting

Questions about the Platinum Pro Plug-in ECU's? Ask here.
Specvay

S14 rb neo not starting

Postby Specvay » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:22 pm

I got a s14 swapped a neo with1050id inject with 6266 turbo. I loaded the base map and it not starting. It cranks and sound like it want to start. I'm assuming I have to set
ignition timing correct?

Lock timing and disable injector, timing light and adjust cas....
Do I have to put any number in trigger angle?

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: S14 rb neo not starting

Postby HaltechMatthew » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:37 pm

Because you have a movable CAS you need to find the trigger angle with a timing light. It will be a number somewhere between around 40 to 80 that lines up the timing. I would do it with the engine running to get the final number.

Specvay

Postby Specvay » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:34 am

using a timing light. i set crank to 0 and the trigger to 40 on compression and the car run then dies, which is a good sign, it got me really excited. later i went back to try to crank and it did the samething as before ( just crank). so i took my timing cover again and set ignition to 0 degree and trigger to 120 and it started perfectly and it dies. Again I went bak to crank , it just crank. My plugs are fouling out due to my 1050 injector
i pretty sure im missin something here. im just trying to get it running to get tune vs paying more tow bills

thank again for the advice matt

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:43 am

Maybe too much fuel? Have you set the Prime and Cranking tables accordingly? Maybe too little fuel when it actually runs? No fuel pressure?
You should be setting the one correct Trigger Angle and then move on to other causes of the stalling. Even if you are off by 10 to 20 degrees the engine should still run.

Specvay

Postby Specvay » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:22 pm

Thanks again Matt for the help!
I'm having a issue where I set trigger angle constantly after a few start up. afterwards it start up and does a few time, it just crank. Grabbing a timing light I realize the trigger angle completely off again.
If I reset trigger angle again it the same situation again.. it just crank. And I have to reset trigger angle again......I dunno why it making me reset angle.
Timing lock when I set angle and unlock when I ready to fire up.....missing something here

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:36 pm

There is only one angle that is correct and it will only ever move if the trigger system is moving.

Return to “Platinum Pro Plug-in”