E6K to E6X, What must be changed?

moradi2k

E6K to E6X, What must be changed?

Postby moradi2k » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:52 pm

I got tired of my E6K and bought a new X unit, Im changing the wireing as well.

But is it as simpel as to import the K maps and it will fire and run just as it did before? or do i have to change som more settings? From looking at hallwin it looks like X has some more settings to play around with.

Anyone done this before??

THR RX7

Re: E6K to E6X, What must be changed?

Postby THR RX7 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:12 pm

Yes, there is an Import feature in the main File menu, but when you import the map just import the fuel and ignition maps, since theres a whole bunch of other stuff that just isnt compatible between the 2 units, but the fuel and ignition maps will be imported fine, just uncheck the all but that in the import window.

Then just go through the settings and set up all the rest the same. Remember, the K's internal reluctor settings work differently than the X's, to depending on the application, you'll need a different combination.

What vehicle is this going on?

Claudio RX-7
http://www.tuningtechnology.com
[email protected]
Dominican Republic
Tel. +1(809)763.0202
Tel. +1(678)810.0763

moradi2k

a

Postby moradi2k » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:13 pm

It's going on a vw golf/corrado g60 unit.

What you mean about internal reluctor is different? what have 2 be changed? I just want this thing up and running so i can drive it to the tuner.

:

THR RX7

Re: a

Postby THR RX7 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:19 am

How did you trigger your E6K? did you have it setup for motronic duty? are you using a 60-2 trigger wheel or some other type of crank trigger?

The settings will depend on what you have installed.
Claudio RX-7
http://www.tuningtechnology.com
[email protected]
Dominican Republic
Tel. +1(809)763.0202
Tel. +1(678)810.0763

moradi2k

a

Postby moradi2k » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:22 am

Im using the hallsensor on the distrubritor.

So trigger type standard and trigger mode distrubritor

moradi2k

a

Postby moradi2k » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:40 am

If I where to disconect the old e6K ecu and plug in the E6X unit to the e6k wires. Will that work or is there some difference in the wireing??

The E6K has a external MAP sensor and the E6X has an internal? what is best to use??

nigel

Re: a

Postby nigel » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:47 am

wireing is different the ground for the trigger "input a /input b " the e6x uses a ground and a power in the same wire be c are full

Return to “Technical Support (from EZboard)”