F10X Use with GM Tune Port Injection (TPI) Design

57tking

F10X Use with GM Tune Port Injection (TPI) Design

Postby 57tking » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:09 am

Hi All:
I'm hoping someone can comment.
I have an F10X retrofitted to a GM TPI system.
The injectors are located in the intake manifold, just behind the valves in the cylinder head. The injectors point directly at the back side of the valves, only a short distance from them (1.5" or so).
The F10X does not have the option to sequentially inject the fuel, only multipoint or batch.
My concern is that in batch and multipoint mode the injectors fire several times per engine cycle, on the back of the closed valves (i.e 3 injector pulses will fire before the engine uses the fourth on the intake stroke).

Assuming the fuel is mapped properly, does this have the potential to do any damage to the engine internals (valves, cylinder walls etc)?

One more bit of information, it is on a twin turbo small block Chev application.
Thanks,
Terry

Ignition

Re: F10X Use with GM Tune Port Injection (TPI) Design

Postby Ignition » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:21 pm

No damage will occur from this setup. Many oem injection setups worked like this for years. It will work fine :)

Foakes69

Postby Foakes69 » Wed May 25, 2022 10:31 pm

The TPI system was designed by GM in the early 1980s as a way to improve fuel economy and emissions in its vehicles. The system uses a throttle body injection (TBI) setup which injects fuel into the intake manifold just before the intake valves. I have found this https://masterbundles.com/graphics/patterns/heart/ source to watch my favorite designs as this results in a more complete burn of the fuel which means less wasted fuel and fewer emissions. The TPI system was used on a wide variety of GM vehicles from 1984 through the early 1990s.

JimKden

Postby JimKden » Wed May 25, 2022 11:20 pm

" throttle body injection (TBI) "
Incorrectly stated. With Tuned Port Injection the throttle body regulates air only.

Throttle body injection was a different design with injectors above the throttle plate and technically did not inject all, just spray fuel into the atmosphere.

Flavie74

Postby Flavie74 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:44 pm

TPI is an interesting concept, and I think it could work. However, I think it's too early to tell if this is going to be a real winner. There are a few things that need to happen before we can make any definitive statements on what TPI will look like in the future or how well it will work. Currently, I am enjoying vanilla chewing tobacco as it is the best. In the meantime, I think people should keep an eye on this thread and see what other ideas come out of it. If you want to help out with your own ideas about how this technology might evolve in the future, then go ahead and post them!

Return to “E6X/E6GMX/F10X”