E6X Ignition 3 Problem

xeon711

E6X Ignition 3 Problem

Postby xeon711 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:20 pm

I have an E6X older generation without internal MAP sensor. Its hooked up to a 2004 Acura TL 3.2 engine using most of the factory sensors except MAP inside a offroad pre-runner. The engine ran perfectly for years with the E6X and all maps. After the car was washed and garaged for a few weeks it will not run properly. The engine starts right up, but only on four cylinders. Ignition 1 and 2 output perfectly, however ignition 3 will not output anything. I have good RPM signal. The crank sensor has been replaced at the suggestion of Haltech USA support. The ECU has been sent to Haltech and they reported the ECU as "perfect." They suggested I look into the triggers. Triggers also report good signal to ECU using an oscilloscope.

The engine runs good even on the four cylinders, but as you can probably figure out it does not have the power it used to have...

All wiring and sensors check out to be good. Voltage to COP are good. The wiring harness is a factory engine hardness cut and spliced into the Haltech plug with modifications for it to properly work. Grounds have been checked and cleaned up. Battery voltage is within spec.

Does anyone have any ideas?

xeon711

Re: E6X Ignition 3 Problem

Postby xeon711 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:51 am

E6X ECU turned out to be bad...

Bought a slightly used newer generation E6X, loaded maps, and engine ran perfectly.

Return to “E6X/E6GMX/F10X”